Phil,

You might want to have a broader look at some reviews of this. Essentially it has been panned for a range of reasons, including unrealistic flight dynamics and being nothing more than a port over from another platform. It appears it is no better than the original product, except maybe for its graphics.

30 minutes ago, Andrew Godden said:

Phil,

You might want to have a broader look at some reviews of this. Essentially it has been panned for a range of reasons, including unrealistic flight dynamics and being nothing more than a port over from another platform. It appears it is no better than the original product, except maybe for its graphics.

Quite possibly so but I never had the first version. Not really bought it for the realistic experience but more for the fun factor.

Hi Phil,

I have purchased the program today, it's till downloading, it' a mighty download of 11.5 hours. I have version 1, that was OK but it never really got developed, beyond the Swiss scenery. It seems bigger things are hoped/expected for version 2, lets hope so, the graphic on the video sold it for me!

Phil

3 hours ago, phil white said:

Quite possibly so but I never had the first version. Not really bought it for the realistic experience but more for the fun factor.

Phil,

I hope you enjoy your fun factor, but my comments were about providing cogent advice aimed at helping others to not waste their money on a product which is fundamentally flawed, incomplete and has also been described as being an open beta product. The fact that the original version never expanded the scenery beyond a very small country in the middle of Europe is also a possible strong indication of where this might not be going.

Nonetheless, for the fun factor, it might work well as an arcade type flight simulator.

I thought it said that the purchase of this was for Early Access which by its very nature means it is not finished, will break and most likely be very bugged. I have seen it but its not for me.......

30 minutes ago, wain said:

I thought it said that the purchase of this was for Early Access which by its very nature means it is not finished, will break and most likely be very bugged. I have seen it but its not for me.......

It may well say that, but, as I indicated in my original post, my comments are based on researched reviews and comments, not what sales pitch is used.

I am merely offering an alternative opinion and advice to members of Mutley's Hangar on a developer and product which has failed to deliver in the past, is highly questionable and suspect in its current iteration, and is considered to be nothing short of a waste of money. As Mutley Crew, we have somewhat of a responsibility to members to make them aware of such inferior products. I think the British term to describe this product is, "It's not much cop!".

I care not for semantics about what defines open beta versus early access, but I think you will actually find the terms are used synonymously.

13 hours ago, phil white said:

Just bought this on Steam and it looks pretty good for hat it is. I will post up some screen shots when I have figured out how to in this sim unless someone can tell me.

Hi Phil FRAPS should work. 

Just for information I didn't try it myself, but it seems on my french forum that most of the people who bought it to try it out have asked Steam for a refund a few days after their purchase.

I also agree on the fact that the extensions announced in V1 when it came out ( like Germany, northern Italy ) have never been done.

• Like 2

I have read through this thread and am surprised at the animosity toward Andrew for his comments here. As a highly regarded Mutley's Hanger crew member and head of our review staff Andrew is only trying to save folks the heartache of purchasing a flawed flight sim. Every members views are important to us but in some situations like this, reinforcement of information about this product was important to this thread.

I would like to personally thank Andrew for making sure what he knows about this subject is provided to our members.

If anyone buys this product and feels that the large portion of top developers and reviewers are wrong in their assessment of Aerofly 2 then by all means post here and let us know what you think of it but please don't be upset with others members that do not agree with your position or try to make sure that everyone understands the position of a large portion of the flight community that others might not be aware of. Thanks for letting me add my input.:) Peace, love and rock 'n roll.....over and out. 

• Like 2

Couldn't have put it any better Brett.

Andrew does have valid points in whatever thread he replies to, it's just unfortunate that it is almost impossible to read a text, or forum post in the context they are written and I can say that Andrew has only ever helped me if I've been stuck and I agree, the input and energy he has for the Hangar is only ever constructive and helpful. 

Just my two bits worth!:hat: