Some advice needed please

Hi Guys i hope we are all well...

Not been doing much flying lately as im slowly recovering from a badly fractured foot but i was wondering if i could pick someones brains..

I have a problem with FSX Gold Ediiton (non Steam) where if i have done a pc reboot i can load FSX no problems... if it crashes or after i have finished flying and close it down properly i cant open FSX again as it throws up this message (hopefully the image displays ok) then closes...

fsx.jpg

The only way i can open FSX again is to do a reboot. Any ideas on how i fix this? from memory i have already added the HIGHMEM fix

Im running Win 7 Ultimate 64bit.

Many thanks for all replies i can hopefully get this resolved so once i close down FSX i can get it opened without having to do a reboot..

Best wishes Glenn

Hi Glenn, 

Glad you're now on the mend. 

This is a new one on me, never seen this message and it will be interesting to see if anyone else has. 

Can you give potential helpers some more information to start with. 

Let us know what your system specs are and from there, what software you are running. 

Give us as much info as you can and hopefully someone may be able to assist you in solving this error message.

Good luck.

Hi Glenn, 

the he warning you're seeing indicates a graphics card problem. What gpu and CPU are you running?

at an outside guess, you should check your graphics settings in fsx and make sure you have your graphics card selected as your primary gpu. Sometimes, with some motherboards, they have an internal graphics card set that is just plain awful. If you see 'Intel 4000' or similar in you graphics settings of fsx, that might be the problem. 

Best wishes,

Jess B

As Needles says - first some details of your system. Check graphic card, and i would also check the driver version. Maybe the driver got corrupted or something, i would start with a driver reinstall.

Thanks for the responses so far here is my system spec:

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit (UAC is disabled, Highmem Fix is in fsx.cfg)

i5 quad core 3GHz (not overclocked)

8Gb DDR3 memory (max that will fit on Asus mobo)

Nvidia Geforce 750 GTX OC Storm (2GB DDR3)

Other FSX software running :

Active Sky Next

Ultimate Traffic 2

FUISPC

Those are the only things i usually have running whilst initialising FSX Gold SP2

Hi Nitro,

Go to Nvidia and download the latest graphics driver http://www.nvidia.co.uk/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-uk make sure you choose the 700 series and Win 7/64 OS version and see if that helps. EDIT: Make sure you take the clean install option if you decide to update the driver :)

You could also make sure your DirectX is up to date as well, go here http://www.microsoft.com/windows/directx/default.mspx.

Finally, if none of the above work try deleting your fsx.cfg and let the system build another one and add your himem fix back in.