Prepar3d v3.3 - warning about scenery incompatibility

Not seen much on here since P3d 3.3 announced last week. 

I upgraded and didn't note significant improvements but have now removed and am fortunate to have 3.2 download available as a backup. 

The problem? Due to a permanent change in the software it no longer recognises many sceneries including all the UK 2000 sceneries and many others. 

Long thread developing about this in AVSIM - but this is a 'heads up' for those about to upgrade. 

As as a minimum make sure you have 3.2 in your download archive or consider waiting. Apparently Gary at UK2000 has said he will convert his offerings - but it will not be quick. 

9 minutes ago, SEATAC said:

I would think so too Brett. I'd think the P3D developers would work more closely with the the third party guys to prevent this. 

I am sure they do Richard but the work still falls on the developers shoulders. We also have to remember that LM is doing their best to create a great sim platform too.

20 hours ago, brett said:

I am sure they do Richard but the work still falls on the developers shoulders. We also have to remember that LM is doing their best to create a great sim platform too.

No, because if they did, they the third party developers wouldn't need to update their software for every dot release. Sounds to me like Lockheed is making some major updates to the way the add-ons are integrated. That should be something they save for major version updates rather than dot releases.  Either way, it's a rather annoying procedure to have to do for each and every add-on.