FTX global lights issue...

Thank you Gavin,

the date on that file is from 3 days ago; inside it looks the same as the one i posted back for you few posts back,

no changes have been omitted to this file after you installed the latest libraries from ORBX!

is this the file that is currently in use by your Sim?

can you specify the current path this file is located for you?

Yes it is what I have in FSX and I put in FSX main directory just dropped it in. I deleted the old cfg. and then put the updated one you gave me in FSX root directory, So I didn't get a over write question from windows... Is that bad? I believe we can solve this issue. 

There is also a ORBX terrain.cfg do you want to see that to?

G

• Like 1

@Chris Does his FSX settings need to be set at any particular level? Also Gavin mentioned he has neither the FTX Lights Day or Night executable files or the Global Lights configurator in his folders, wouldn't this mean the addons were not installed correctly? Just reaching here.:) 

• Like 1

this has nothing to do with P3D or FSXSE; their products work on both platforms just fine,

it seems as if something isn't installing correctly; in which case i can only suggest there may something with your registration/activation!

there is no point keep chasing your tail; ORBX will strip this data if your registration fails!!!

can you first confirm your registration is properly applied to your products?

(no clue where that info is located or how to find it, maybe under about/help?)

Thing is that I had them working the lights and all the autogene when I first got the product back when I had windows 8. Every time I install it now they don't ask me for my registration code or info only did the first time.( don't think that matters) I sent orbx last night a diagnostic report using ftx central that should report and show anything wrong.  I don't understand why it won't install correctly is something getting in its way? I outdent mind trying out these aerosoft lights and have tried the free trial but I don't want to spend any more money while I bought FTX GLOBAL. 

Gavin

Edited by gavoon1
  • Like 1

maybe you need to download a new compatible installer?

i think you are installing into FSX as if it was FSXSE, do you also FSX installed? or just SE?

if you only  have SE installed... its possible that orbx installer thinks its installing into FSX instead of SE,

last post here may help

https://steamcommunity.com/app/314160/discussions/1/618453594761724917/%3Fl%3Drussian

(FYI: if no FSX is installed prior to FSXSE installation; Steam installer may use during its install default FSX  registry entries(or at least it used to)

pointing to none default FSX directories; since the installer has to decide based on these entries; if its set the wrong way for SE in the registry;

you may end up with similar issues where addons seemingly install correctly; when they only installed partially,)

about the registration it is important that you know your registration is set correctly!

it is possible that your registration info is still available for the program to query somewhere in the registry,

it is though important to note in the event that registration information is not where it should be; i believe a similar situation could be observed,

as long as we have this piece confirmed and out of the way; we can focus on technicalities that could/may be contributing,

I remember it said it installed to the steam location ( orbx installer ) and I checked the FSX default location: program files x86/ microsoft games FSX and there is nothing orbx there...I have never had classic FSX I have only had SE. Is there an other location that I shall look for? I dont understand the registration idea as how that would effect the installation of the scenery...But I do know that autogene is missing, cause I do see default scenery mixed with ftx global. At least we have an idea of what the issue is now its a matter of finding the root and solving the problem. Do you guys need any screen shots of files, or within FSX? Visual things might help? 

G

Edited by gavoon1
  • Like 1

lets touch the registration issue first,

if that fails (during setup) ORBX will strip terrain.cfg information and delete some critical files as a protection measure!

the result of that should be similar to what you're currently experiencing; so we want to be 100% sure that registration is not failing your setup first!

once we know 100% that its not registration causing this; we can dig deeper into technical issues that could be contributing,

i see no point in troubleshooting technical issue thats cause by faulty registration info or something basic that can easily be rectified,

provided you confirmed your reg is in place; your comment not having classic FSX installed there ever!

only reinforces my suspicious that there might be a problem with the installer itself (old or outdated possibly)

...Steam and P3D are constantly updating their platforms; things do shift and change with time!

an installer from last year looking for P3D v2 in the registry by default; which doesn't exists today (in most cases);

at the time of release there was no P3D v3.x! so the old installer doesn't know about P3D v3.x as well; or how to treat it!

Problem fixed looks like the cfg you gave just didn't over write the old I guess the new cfg was almost doing nothing. ( was named terrain cfg.1 which caused an error.) Your suggestions worked! Your work has help me so much its been a issue that has plagued me for the past 3 months something I gave up on several times with barely any support from ORBX ( besides some help from Nick Cooper ). There may be some default terrain autogene still no sure.  Long story short I am glad to have night lights back, however I have noticed a FPS impact that I didn't have in windows 8.1. Departing Zurich I was getting  12 frames in the airbus x with scenery... I am not use to that performance impact that is the next thing on the rather long list to fix. I want things to be working nicely for when I purchase the PMDG 777 and do those flight over the pond. Here are some screenshots the latest 3 on that photobucket list. http://s1348.photobucket.com/user/garb12/media/20160402163014_1_zpsmxdzxjyg.jpg.html?sort=3&o=11

Now I am hoping on a 777 myself so I will be away from my computer for a few weeks. I have some issue with GSX scripting that fails,  and I am getting a ''Publisher could not be verified. Are you sure you wan to run this software''. ObjectFlow.dll I have said dont run just in case, I will search more on the subject. 

Thanks again for all your support especially Chris Bell your great! This is the forum to use!

Gavin

• Like 3