X-Plane 10.50 demonstration at FlightSimCon 2016

Wow!

There looks to be a great deal of movement in the X-Plane camp hey.

I especially like the look of WorldEditor and the amount of detail going in to XPlane.

Really interesting video Joe.

Question is, is it going to be better long term than P3D or is it going to be on par with it?

Is X-Plane the way forward or would it be more prudent to hang in with P3D? Arrrgh! my head is mush. (and no, you don't need to respond to that last statement):D

That autogen engine almost seems to good to be true!!

If it works as advertised I guess the only limitation is the quality of the data in OpenStreetMap...

Impressive, they are really upping their game and I enjoyed the presentation. Not only the improvements but the detailed explanations as well. I might have to change my mind about this flight sim.:) 

Watched that video the whole 1hr 11 minutes on xplane forum.. some good things for 10.50 and the future..WED has been around for a while now with approved stuff being available through Gateway or with updates.. XP10 is looking good now there is a boat load of freeware out there and with the likes of PMDG coming into the mix things are looking up...a good guy to check out is Mister6X his scenery is recommended by PMDG for a DC6 tutorial...I kave Portland KBOS and KLAX by him and they are very good...the new UI will be a blessing and they are promising a better ATC but we will see..FSX ATC can be a pain when vectoring so thats not perfect... we also have Skymaxx Pro v3 weather and weather engine and I like the IXEG737..just need a good bus.. also Carenado and Alabeo have some good AC I find the B1900 in XP seems better than my FSX/P3D version... Xaviation and Pilotplus also have some good stuff..RC Simulations VFR Scenery is good but is now dated...for me it is very stable and I have settings quite high but as I have Ai off that may help... I prefer ATC chatter from the net and static AC at airports....we shall see how it goes but I personally dont think its one or the other I have P3D for AH and XP for more general flying...both have pros and cons...if I get chance I will post some pics of Mister6X stuff...just how I see it from my experiance with XP...one last word I couldnt initially get my head around XP but thanks to Jess it all made sense..and finally if you get it or have it please take time to set up controls and views it is so worth the effort...

Wayne

• Like 1

Wayne,

Thanks for your well thought-out post. From the live demo above it looks to me that X-Plane are finally addressing the issues expressed by "Joe Simmer". Now that Austin has released his grip on development and brought on board a couple of developers with a wider view the product is coming on leaps and bounds. Some of the new aircraft, like the IXEG are superb. It's a  platform which I feel could  start to appeal to hard core FSXer's?

I have XP-10 but it's not presently installed, once the 10.50 update is live I will be reinstalling it.

Joe

• Like 1

Updated to 10.50 last night but it is Beta1...3 CTDs in 40mins and I rolled back to 10.45..I may put a 2nd install onto PC but to be honest I am a little too busy to slowly add everything and test.. the log is good and it found 1 addon that was stopping XP from starting.. no issues in perfomance whilst running but there was no new UI so I guess that is fir XP11?..just thought I would update you all...

Thanks Wayne, good to know. :thum:

It sounded like a lot of that stuff was still in development, I thought the .50 was for adding some more airport scenery, static aircraft, ATC bug fixes and a winds aloft fix.

I think you are probably right Brett..this beta currently has a lot of bugs according to XP forum and JARdesigns 320 doesnt like it at all...I did a quick flight last night after rolling back to .45 ..only Orly to Southampton and all was fine so I will wait a while now..

• Like 1

I have two installs of X-plane on two different drives and use one for beta evaluation purposes, Lets not forget 10.50 is beta and we can expect issues on an initial release. I've not had any crashes but have had plug in issues, can't say about aircraft as I only have the default currently.