Just bought air hauler 2 and noticed in my type rating that the plane constantly drifts left.

noticed it in some YouTube videos as well but haven't found a post that discusses yet.

any ideas? 

Normally in AirHauler it's from asymetric loading.  Once you get to the cockpit, go to the FS Fuel and Payload menu and make sure any fuel and cargo is properly balanced.  It shouldn't be an issue on type rating test flights but AH has a bad habit of putting a lot of cargo in the co-pilot seat - probably the smartest thing that's ever been in that seat.  

It sometimes results from a poor aircraft.cfg file, with too few or poorly defined loading stations, but sometimes not.  Anyway, check that first.  I make it a habit to do that as part of my pre-engine start checklist for AH flights.

John

EDIT:  Welcome to Mutley's Hangar.  I just noticed it's your first post.

JDA

Thanks for the reply Johan and the great tip on balancing the plane.

Unfortunately it is the type rating that is drifting so I haven't even tried a delivery yet.

Nice to be here at Mutley's Hangar and looking forward to some quality time in the virtual skies.

Ian.

Also study up on P-Factor. if this is your first attempt at flying an aircraft (real or imagined) you might not know about propeller torque and the effect of the propeller-driven air on the fuselage. Some aircraft are worse than others (usually high-horsepower engines). 

I think there is a way to mitigate the effect in FSX - it's a menu choice in the sim, probably in the realism section.

See: http://wiki.flightgear.org/Understanding_Propeller_Torque_and_P-Factor

Oh! Welcomre to MH.

welcome to mutleys, I see Quick got in before me but I was going to ask what you were flying and could it be propeller torque?.....if it is you should see it regardless of AH2 ....