A2A Comanche

Hi Guys, 

So I loved flying in Air Hauler 1 - but my favourite planes were not really compatible (A2A planes) - I was wondering, how easy is the setting up and flying for the new AH2 for a plane like the Comanche?

Also, I understand you can now do passenger runs, in the Comanche - is this also easy to setup?

Thanks in advance

Jim

I used one of their Cessnas in AH1 and I cant even remember there was a problem, not used them yet in AH2 but I think you just have to set fuel and weight in sim to match AH2 loading...

Folks on the EA forums are talking about A2A birds...having to manually load the stations and fuel to match the AH2 ammounts is the only issue, but that is true of any payware at the moment.

Should have no problems with it otherwise.../knocks on teak.

Oh OK, I may install my air hauler 1 and have a look again, I would like to do passenger runs in AH2 with no bother, but it looks like you still have to tweak the way fuel and weight is entered etc. I'll have a thinky about it all ;)

I haven't tried AH 2 yet, but I would think it puts the weight of passengers in the right place...  And if you haul passengers only, you won't have to fiddle with the empty weight in the aircraft.cfg as it will be better to leave the seats in the plane ! :)

Edited by Corsaire31

Bought it lol - now I want my comanche in and the PMDG 737-600 - importing the 736 at the moment and stuck on figures as they were  all blank - has anyone got any import values for this plane?

I googled and didn't get very far, so wondering if anyone has the values for this one :)

I will try the Comanche in a moment I think

Im a bit disappointed really I bought the comanche setup an adhoc passenger flight and the cost of the flight ended up more than the profit made by the ticket sales? Am I missing something here? Does passenger only work with the airliners regarding profit? :( Waste of 20 quid atm booo!

Make longer flights to desireable airports to increase ticket prices...cant make money on short hops to expensive airports. 

Destinations and miles to seem to be main price influencers.

I make good profit in a c337 on flights over 80 miles or so.

Edited by Captain Coffee
11 hours ago, Captain Coffee said:

Make longer flights to desireable airports to increase ticket prices...cant make money on short hops to expensive airports. 

Destinations and miles to seem to be main price influencers.

I make good profit in a c337 on flights over 80 miles or so.

I will give this a go later on I think - interesting stuff :)

its all trila and error with the flights and pax, on some you can make a good margin others you just make enough for a coffee n donut :D....like RW though some parts of a business may partially subsidise another part.....

1 hour ago, brett said:

Not exactly what you were making flying a Globemaster 10nm, eh Jim?:P

Commodities. ;)

I have a c-97 that is becoming a familiar sight around and about the Sacramento area...it usualy carries a few aviation nostalgia nuts who pay a bit for the rides and they Word'oMouth increase our pax rep at the same time. ;)

Globemaster + 2 passengers + cruise altitude of 3000 = a lot of pee'd off peoples hehe

I tried the cargo in the comanche and to be honest I enjoyed it, so it's all god again :D I don't like how you have to set your plane to be either cargo or passenger, when technically it could be both without any conversion etc in real world. 

Just in case people are wondering how the cargo worked out with the A2A plane - this is what I did. In AH1 if I tried to use an A2A plane it would kick a stink about how the weight of the plane was not matching the agreed job, even when trying to load up the A2A plane with passengers it was not heavy enough to meat the load etc. Maybe this was just me being dumb but it was doing my head in and I gave up in the end.

A breath of fresh air in AH2 though :) - no weight errors which is good, it does mean you could fly the A2A empty (which is cheating) but I just try and get as close to the weight as possible and I am happy as Larry. The fuel I thought would be an issue, but no, I just open up the A2A loading screen and change fuel weight to be same as AH2. Take-off/Land no issues. 

So it looks for the time being cargo to pay the rent, but then I will go back to passenger ad-hocs at some point.  

• Like 1

Glad you are getting your bird figured out for AH2.

Tip: You can "accept" cargo jobs and manually load them onto Pax configured aircraft...same as Southwest Airlines does. They have a Cargo Wharehouse at most of their major bases, and one can arrange for them to squeeze cargo onto Pax aircraft as space is available.

So, 'Accept" cargo jobs (Can't use Fly Now to haul cargos in Pax config'd planes), then create an AdHoc flight to the Cargo's Destination. You may not make your Costs from the Pax end of the flight depending on how far the cargo is going, but between the Pax and Cargo you will pay the bills, and you will get both Pax and Cargo rep for each flight.

Cheers.

• Like 2
  • 1 year later...