I am posting to see if any of you have the latest version of this and do you rate it?.. I have a soft spot for this as it was the first AC I went in as a 19 yr old soldier going from the UK to Nairobi in Kenya.. not really concerned regarding systems but mainly is it functional?...is there a good tutorial?..some tuts are not too good...would like to get it but dont want to waste my money been bitten before by CS777....flew in an RAF version..tubes I normally fly are Aerosoft A320 and QW757 so you can see my spectrum of ability...cheers...

I have the Tristar professional and I think it is very nice indeed. I fly only the RAF versions and like flying it a lot, it would be my tube of choice.

This post prompted me to look at the product again as I have moved to P3P and I have spotted an inconsistency. I originally bought the Tristar and then later bought the professional upgrade. Looking at the "basic" Tristar in the JF store, it is listed as FSX and nothing else.  However the Professional upgrade is listed as FSX P3D 1, 2, and 3.

So If anyone who knows is reading this, How do I upgrade an FSX only installed product to P3D v3? Surely I would have to have the FSX product fully installed in P3D to start with?

4 hours ago, Andrew Godden said:

thanks Andrew, review section is always my first port of call, however I also was interested in anyone elses feedback....good review.....purchased now....thanks...

7 hours ago, J G said:

I have the Tristar professional and I think it is very nice indeed. I fly only the RAF versions and like flying it a lot, it would be my tube of choice.

This post prompted me to look at the product again as I have moved to P3P and I have spotted an inconsistency. I originally bought the Tristar and then later bought the professional upgrade. Looking at the "basic" Tristar in the JF store, it is listed as FSX and nothing else.  However the Professional upgrade is listed as FSX P3D 1, 2, and 3.

So If anyone who knows is reading this, How do I upgrade an FSX only installed product to P3D v3? Surely I would have to have the FSX product fully installed in P3D to start with?

JG there is a post on JF Forums, the guys said that the P3D upgrade asked for him to uninstall other version, his other version was FSX so it all went well...apparently the upgrade has its own installer....