I have just purchased the PMDG 777 its something I have wanted to buy for over a year now, so it feels very good but as I thought there would a few questions I would have since its such a intricate aircraft this not a big issue and probably a simple fix but The displays in certain views look a little strange here is a link to some screen shots: http:// its something I can fly with but it looks odd and not very nice to look at is there something I can do..20160730203925_1_zps5vcfrkfk.jpg

I am not very keen to spend hours reading through the manuals however I will skim parts mixed with youtube do you folks thinks that a productive way to learn about how to fly this beast as I want to get in the air ASAP.

Edited by gavoon1

The ONLY way to learn how to fly a PMDG aircraft satisfactorily is by reading the manual. It also saves a lot of people's time in the Forum answering basic questions which can be easily found by reading the manual.

As for the pattern on the PFDs / MFDs, I have never seen that problem before. To be honest, I had to download the image and then zoom in to even see it.

The screen shot link only comes back to this thread with one shot showing the panel and the front of a terminal building - nothing obviously wrong with it.  If you have others please fix the link or post them.  It would help (maybe) to see what the problem looks like.   Andrew is correct, however.  PMDG stuff is the deep end of the pool.

John

Sorry about the faulty link i have spent about 20 minutes looking around the beautiful flight deck checking things out closely and getting a feeling for switches and knobs.  I also looked closely at the texture thing and in some of the screen shots I have have now posted here: http://s1348.photobucket.com/user/garb12/slideshow/ ( this slide show will show more clearly) 

You will have noticed that the weird texture looks like sketches, not the way it should look.( this doesn't happen in the airbus x.) I found if I changed my settings on my Asus monitor to a darker setting like "theater mode" it looked better but still I wonder If this is a texture issue?

Gavin

Edited by gavoon1

Not a known texture issue, that I am aware of, as it doesn't happen on my PMDG 777. It must have something to do with your graphics card / settings.

Maybe the manual might provide some suggestions.

must be my eyes I cant see what you mean with the textures.

Manual is there for a reason, I know its a pain but it is a must if you want to fly something like a PMDG, there may be bits in the manual that you dont get or after reading you still have issues , thats when to seek advice from fellow users...hope you enjoy the 777...

• Like 1