Aviation Experience (London)

I thought the following may be of interest to those of you living, or planning to visit the UK.

I took my grandsons on the Emirates Cable Car yesterday that leaves from the O2 Arena, travels over the Thames and into East London, you can stay on if you want and come back as we did. As we exited the cable car the guy said our tickets now allow free entry into the "Aviation Experience" next door.

I will not go into to much detail so here is a link http://www.aviation-experience.com/

It is well worth a visit and the real simulators look great, they have 4 there and yesterday nobody was on them as you have to pay extra and book a slot but the trainer was flying one and you can watch from a viewing area. I had a chat with the guy and the cost for 30 minutes is £60.00.

I would not recommend visiting London just for this experience as it only takes an hour or so to get round, however with the cable car and the O2 there is enough to keep you occupied when there.

Mike 

Edited by bilirubin

we went on the cable car last year, there was some kind of festival going on, got half way across and all the fireworks started going off, great view and experience....

20 hours ago, Captain Coffee said:

Biting my tongue so hard it may just be bleeding.

Just one question...can you land the simulators?

Sorry CC, why are you biting your tongue, have you had a bad experience with this? 

Not sure I understand the second question however you can land the jet in the simulator, I think the web site said you have a choice of 20 destination airports.

I guess the simulators are similar to the Airbus A380 Emirates have in Dubai.

Having used the Dubai one, I can confirm that you can take off and land the simulator and use all the systems of a real A380.  You can also crash it :huh:

5 hours ago, J G said:

I guess the simulators are similar to the Airbus A380 Emirates have in Dubai.

Having used the Dubai one, I can confirm that you can take off and land the simulator and use all the systems of a real A380.  You can also crash it :huh:

Sorry I can now see what CC was getting at. Yes you can land the SIM okay. Whilst we were watching the instructor on Sunday he landed a night time flight at Heathrow. it looked amazing with the light coming up at you and then touching down.