Sharing PlanG and FS X Flight Plans

Peter,

Plan-G / FSX flight plans are generally small file sizes, but if you have many flight plans, packaging them using a file compression tool, such as WinZip or 7-Zip, is a good idea.

You will need to compress them using WinZip or 7-Zip to add them to a post on the Forum or via a PM.

Cheers

Andrew

If I may add to Andrew's post, instead of adding the plans into a thread you could post an announcement of a new available download, this should include a description about the flightplans, their purpose and any pictures, then just add the files to the download section.

Any compiled folder should include not only the required files but also a readme file (.txt) that re-explains what the files are for but also any installation information.:)

Thanks, guys. Still getting to know the site. Just now I discovered the "File Library" area, with its prompt to "Submit a File" which I guess is what I was looking for. Yep, I'll package a ZIP file with just one plan to start with, including a text DOC file, to make sure I'm doing the right hing, and also make a post notifying I've done so.

As one who has posted once or twice in the File Library it may not be necessary for you to make a post announcing the submittal to the Library.  That should happen all by itself, but if the automatic one does not explain it sufficiently, feel free to add more.  

John Allard

• Like 1
11 hours ago, allardjd said:

As one who has posted once or twice in the File Library it may not be necessary for you to make a post announcing the submittal to the Library.  That should happen all by itself, but if the automatic one does not explain it sufficiently, feel free to add more.  

John Allard

I assume you are talking in thousands here JDA?!!!

1 hour ago, brett said:

I heard he just moved into a mansion with the money he makes off the charts, although Tim's is bigger.^_^

Yeah, Tim and I are financial geniuses.  What business plans we have - we work hard and give the stuff away for free, but expect to make it up on volume.

John

• Like 2

I knew there was something wrong with my business model. Free. Obviously not right. I really need to get to know this site better. You've helped me with everything else, so no doubt there is a Forum Topic on how to make TerraBucks out of this... Yours, in grateful anticipation... Funta (and if you didn't get it, Funta=PHunter, phonetically). Rgds, Peter!!