Adjusting Illumination from the Moon

I'm looking at a Moon in FS X for the 16th May 1943. By comparing with other "Moon Phase" web calculation sites, the phase looks close to right. I'm wondering is there is something buried in settings somewhere where I could adjust the amount of illumination this Phase provides to the ground/water in FS X - I'd like to brighten up the terrain a bit to make low-level flight a bit easier, and am still hoping for a way to remove all other ground illumination - towns, roads etc.

I'm not sure about within FSX itself, I bet there is somewhere...because in Steve's Fixer DX10 controller there is a slider to adjust "ambient moon" lighting at night, as well as sky/star reflections. There is also a tick mark to auto adjust Moon Phase Lighting.

If you aren't using Steve's DX10 fixer, several folks here will highly reccomend it. It transformed my FSX from a pug to a greyhound...still kind of a dog, but a fast one. :)

Try searching for the freeware HD Moon Texture by Marco Fischbach, make sure it's from a reputable site and see if that makes things a bit brighter. Make sure you backup any textures or other files that this addon might change and stick to the lower settings unless you have a very high end PC.:)