FSX Scenery and The Philidelphia Experiment!!

OK...here's a head scratcher!  Flying into Chicago O'Hare in my Just Flight 747.  There is a plane waiting to use the runway once I had landed.....then.......it is just a shadow!!  No plane...just a shadow where it was!  Also, suddenly the buildings at the airport have gone and all the planes at the terminals are...shadows!!  Ok....hopefully all with be OK once I reload, but I am curious as to what causes this.

Other interesting situations are flying buildings (houses, etc.) also near O'Hare, and when flying from military airbases in Germany, the plane is placed half way down the runway, perpendicular to the way of travel!!

:huh:

Stay away from that photoscenery stuff.^_^

I remember the first time I saw the flying houses. :huh: Sounds like a cockup of the scenery or being close to out of memory, I gather it was all fixed on the reload?:)

Hi Brett

Yes, it reloaded alright.  It's just frustrating that I seem to have more than my fair share of issues with FSX!  I know it's a buggy program and I tried FSX Steam, which did not seem to work right with my Anti-Virus Program  (System Mechanic).  I still love flight sim and have a spare FSX Gold just in case something happens to the one that I have.  (I would not like to be without FSX Gold when I have spent a fair bit of money on various aircraft, and I am sure there are others here who feel like that).

I do not have photo real scenery, but I do have Flight 1 Ultimate Terrain, which seem to work alright.

Since being on this site, I have learned some useful tips for some issues that I get, and am certainly glad that I joined.  My big wish that someone would create a program to iron out ALL the bugs for FSX and make it run without any problems.....now...that would be a BIG money earner!!! :D

Kindest regards

Martin

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/25/2016 at 16:06, Tristarcaptain said:

My big wish that someone would create a program to iron out ALL the bugs for FSX and make it run without any problems.....now...that would be a BIG money earner!!! :D

P3D? Most (if not all) of your aircraft will work.

All my FSX stuff works in P3D.. dont use FSX at all now... A2A sell seperate licences so the 172 will never go into P3D..I have also read that FSXSEis more stable than classic FSX but had dula install isdues when it first arrived so its not downloaded...

21 hours ago, Kasper said:

P3D? Most (if not all) of your aircraft will work.

Hmmm.  An interesting idea which I had never thought of.  Having looked at their website, I think that my poor old PC would not be up to it.....and it looks more complicated than FSX.  :(

Thanks for the idea though.

On 03/09/2016 at 23:00, brett said:

Wayne, do some searches over at the A2A site and you will find that the C172 just might be able to port over into P3D, it just won't be covered for tech help from them. :secret:

ok, cheers