Just Flight Hawk SP1 out now

Just got the SP1 for the JF Hawk.  I have had a brief fly and the flight dynamics are a lot better.  I managed to flying a couple of circuits without crashing!  Great that Just Flight have done the SP at long last!!  :thum:

Happy flying and blue skies to all Hawk pilots!!! 

Martin

• Like 4

Thanks for the heads up mate! I also was not impressed with the flight dynamics of the hawk - but wow, what an improvement after the service pack! Starting issues have gone, stable flight after trim, landing and ground rudder control is good too. 

All in all would I recommend this addon now? HELL YES!

Get the smoke guys! 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, UKJim said:

Thanks for the heads up mate! I also was not impressed with the flight dynamics of the hawk - but wow, what an improvement after the service pack! Starting issues have gone, stable flight after trim, landing and ground rudder control is good too. 

All in all would I recommend this addon now? HELL YES!

Get the smoke guys! 

You are welcome...enjoy!  By the way, since you mentioned smoke, have you figured out how to do the smoke yet....? The usual short cut for smoke on FSX planes does not work and I hate manuals!!!  :th_blush:

OK...I have been doing some more flying on the Hawk T1/A, and I am VERY impressed with the improvements that JF have made.  One problem I have finally figured out (in case you don't know) is that to steer the aircraft on the ground, using the rudder controls on a joystick will not work.  You have to use the keyboard to activate the differential barking using the * and - keys.  Very strange, and also VERY awkward to do for taxiing.

Happy flying guys.  :)

Thanks for sharing Martin, will have to grab the SP and try the Hawk again as I was far from impressed with the initial release. Mainly due to the flight dynamics naturally, but also due to the fact that I had to change my controller settings to fly it since it wasn't possible to control the Throttle with an axis bound to Engine #1, it had to be bound to the general Throttle axis that control all Throttles from the same axis!

3 hours ago, Tristarcaptain said:

One problem I have finally figured out (in case you don't know) is that to steer the aircraft on the ground, using the rudder controls on a joystick will not work.  You have to use the keyboard to activate the differential barking using the * and - keys.  Very strange, and also VERY awkward to do for taxiing.

It's with planes using this method of steering on the ground that having rudder pedals with toe brakes really shines!

With that setup controlling the plane on the ground feels much more accurate and precise than using rudder controls to turn the nose wheel.. I personally tend to use differential breaking, and differential thrust on twin engine planes, even on planes that support using the rudder controls for steering rather than using rudder input for that very reason. At least as far as GA and smaller military planes goes. 

Differential braking I use with the pedals, but yes before pedals it was very frustrating! True to the real world aircraft though, but maybe there should be a config option to have rudder steering.

As for smoke - press shift+2 and on that panel there is a button that looks like a target ;) push it and in the cockpit you will see blue, red and white buttons either side of the front screen. Press one of them buttons and it produces the smoke.

Still a few bits need sorting out but at least now it's fun to fly and will trim out quite nicely. I do not like landing this thing - especially when you have the GPS unit in the way, and don't even get me started about the GPS unit - it sucks imo :)

52 minutes ago, UKJim said:

but maybe there should be a config option to have rudder steering.

There is in the SP, at least according to the release notes from JF and the video below ;)

But as the guy flying in the video mentions it's not in the "configuration window" accessible from within FSX, where you add stairs, pitot covers etc, but rather in a windows program that can be found in the start menu..  

7 hours ago, UKJim said:

Differential braking I use with the pedals, but yes before pedals it was very frustrating! True to the real world aircraft though, but maybe there should be a config option to have rudder steering.

As for smoke - press shift+2 and on that panel there is a button that looks like a target ;) push it and in the cockpit you will see blue, red and white buttons either side of the front screen. Press one of them buttons and it produces the smoke.

Still a few bits need sorting out but at least now it's fun to fly and will trim out quite nicely. I do not like landing this thing - especially when you have the GPS unit in the way, and don't even get me started about the GPS unit - it sucks imo :)

I used to have a twist action joystick to operate the pedals....now I have a Thrustmaster which has a rocker switch on the throttle to operate the rudder (and differential brakes on most planes).  OK....it's not ideal, but better than what I had!!

As for the smoke....Jim...you are a star!!  Thank you so much for you help! :thum::thanks: Hmmm...I wonder if JF will do a training program so that you can learn how to fly in formation with The Reds....:P

Martin

I also found out that if your default flight does not have Avionics master switch on - the GPS unit may not power up. So if this is the case go switch it on first.

The guys at Just Flight sent me a fix to test, I tested it, and he said he will be putting it into the next SP - so all in good time guys! :)

Me and my 5yr old boy produced the wrong sort of smoke earlier - he decided full throttle and keep it there was a good idea ;) ...

6.png

16 minutes ago, UKJim said:

I also found out that if your default flight does not have Avionics master switch on - the GPS unit may not power up. So if this is the case go switch it on first.

The guys at Just Flight sent me a fix to test, I tested it, and he said he will be putting it into the next SP - so all in good time guys! :)

Me and my 5yr old boy produced the wrong sort of smoke earlier - he decided full throttle and keep it there was a good idea ;) ...

6.png

Well.....if a Red Arrow produces red smoke, why can't a black plane produce black smoke!!! :rofl:  I have never posted a screen shot here and will have to try it sometime, but I have a couple of great ones when Concorde when bonkers and spewed flames and black smoke out of all four engines!  Not sure why it happened, but at least no one killed!! :huh:

I look forward to the next SP for the Hawk.........

Regards

Martin

2 hours ago, Tristarcaptain said:

Well.....if a Red Arrow produces red smoke, why can't a black plane produce black smoke!!! :rofl:  I have never posted a screen shot here and will have to try it sometime, but I have a couple of great ones when Concorde when bonkers and spewed flames and black smoke out of all four engines!  Not sure why it happened, but at least no one killed!! :huh:

I look forward to the next SP for the Hawk.........

Regards

Martin

You should make an account on http://fs-snaps.com and then upload your screens - copy the image direct link and paste it in a post. It should automatically change from a link to a picture. 

Get involved in the screenshot forum and get posting - all good fun!

5 hours ago, UKJim said:

You should make an account on http://fs-snaps.com and then upload your screens - copy the image direct link and paste it in a post. It should automatically change from a link to a picture. 

Get involved in the screenshot forum and get posting - all good fun!

Thanks for the info Jim....I will look into that. :thum:

• Like 1
On ‎9‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 03:29, UKJim said:

Where is your pic? I cannot see it anywhere?

It is on the screenshot page (ironically, just by your Hawk screen shot).  It is called 'Concorde fires up'.  I hope that you find it!! :D

BTW, the new livery pack for the Hawk is nice, especially the red, white and blue machine with the large Welsh dragon painted on it's side.

Regards

Martin

1 hour ago, brett said:

Nicely caught shot Martin,:thum: (thanks for posting it Joe) looks like the number four engine is out.

Thanks Brett....I am not really sure what happened, but things got really interesting.  To be honest, I never really have had much luck with  Concorde flight sim.  I must admit that I do not use it much. :huh:  Maybe it's time to dig it out and try again.