Simwork Studuio F-4B Phantom

I was wondering if anyone has any thoughts on the Simwork Studio F-4B Phantom, which I stumbled across today.  I must admit that it has some really nice color schemes and I find it tempting!  Does anyone know how it compares to the MilViz F-4 Phantom (I know that it's a different variant!!)

Thanks

Martin

Well, it's certainly a lot cheaper than the Milviz model(wowzer:yikes:). I haven't purchased it but the aircraft does come with an added carrier and as it's first release I would guess they put a lot of work into it. I did watch a couple of beta videos and it doesn't look horrible and I am sure they have improved the textures since then. Sounded pretty good but not sure if it has custom sounds throughout to include all buttons and knobs but for the price I would hope so. I am a little surprised at the lack of videos of the finished product yet not sure when it was released. So technically I am no help at all, just love to hear myself type.:D 

Can't go wrong with the Milviz products although the price seems really high, only you can decide how much you want to spend and how bad you need it.:)

Hopefully someone has it and can be more help to you.:)

57 minutes ago, brett said:

Well, it's certainly a lot cheaper than the Milviz model(wowzer:yikes:). I haven't purchased it but the aircraft does come with an added carrier and as it's first release I would guess they put a lot of work into it. I did watch a couple of beta videos and it doesn't look horrible and I am sure they have improved the textures since then. Sounded pretty good but not sure if it has custom sounds throughout to include all buttons and knobs but for the price I would hope so. I am a little surprised at the lack of videos of the finished product yet not sure when it was released. So technically I am no help at all, just love to hear myself type.:D 

Can't go wrong with the Milviz products although the price seems really high, only you can decide how much you want to spend and how bad you need it.:)

Hopefully someone has it and can be more help to you.:)

Yeah....Milviz stuff is not cheap, but they are good.  I love their F-4 Phantoms, but am not too keen on some of the schemes.  I think that the Israeli one should have light gray undersides, not light blue as depicted though!  Also, I really don't know why they put in an F-4J in UK FGR 2 markings, when the UK operated F-4J (UK) which would have made more accurate markings!  I just HOPE that they follow up and do a Spey powered FGR1/2!! (HINT if MilViz are reading this!)

As for not going wrong with MilViz, I do not quite agree...I have their F-15E and every time I load it, it does something to FSX in that it crashes FSX program every time I finish the flight using the usual esc. key.  I bought it from FSPilotshop and do not know if I have a dud download from them......I do like that plane though, and love flying it, so I may buy it again from elsewhere and hope that version is OK.....:stars:

Anyway, thanks for your thoughts, Brett. :thum:

Have you tried just re-downloading the F-15 and checking for updates, could have just got corrupted in the first download. I would think you would need at least a decent computer to run their products as the textures are very good. Sometimes I have a problem even with their older products.

On 9/19/2016 at 22:11, Tristarcaptain said:

...I have their F-15E and every time I load it, it does something to FSX in that it crashes FSX program every time I finish the flight using the usual esc. key.  I bought it from FSPilotshop and do not know if I have a dud download from them......

Interesting. I have the same issue in P3D fro the MilViz Phantom.  If I go into P3D with the F4 as the default aircraft then P3D goes bang.  If I go into P3D in another aircraft and swap to to the F4 then all is well.  That is until I shut the game, then P3D goes bang again.

Its annoying as I just love the aircraft. I have a couple of things going on at the moment, but when I have time I am going to rebuild P3D completely and see if the problem persists.