After the anniversary update of windows 10 on my computer, I find that some of the SDK files have been stripped off from the Microsoft Games folder and the Direct X software has been altered.  After re-loading SDK, I now find that it will not interface with the resident software.  As there seems little likelyhood of an SDK update, I am now regretting not keeping a windows 7 computer on which to create FSX .BGL files for my scenery.  Does anyone have a solution to my demise?

I did the update too...then a day or so later whole system went down...bjg blue screen... i have spent all yesterday and today sorting fsx out... p3d wouldnt work at all...cant use orbx at ftx central wont open properly.. hopefully xp be ok...i have reloaded win 8.1 from an old oem disk i had and wont be changing...best of luck...

Hi Paul,

This anniversary update has caused no end of problems for our members using FSX and P3D.

My only advice can be a complete removal and reinstatement  of your chosen sim. I have had to do this with P3D and a friend of mine suffered a catastrophic failure with the whole of his Windows setup so is starting again from scratch.

Microsoft have a lot to answer for.

I think my solution is going to be a new (or second hand) windows 8 computer to do the airport design on.  FSX is now stable on Windows 10 for normal flying use, but the SDK seems unusable for scenery design.  Yet another Microsoft cockup needing drastic action to resolve.  I am leaning more towards X-plane 11 at the moment, when it is soon released - it looks much improved.

I have gone back to win 8.1 thanks to my OEM disc, FSX seems fine now but after a full install of everything on the PC I wont be going back to win 10, that last update killed it off for me at the moment....currently reinstalling XP10 which I love to fly in too......hope your airport design stuff goes well now....