Green Message bar in sim

Hi guys,

Is it possible in Air Hauler 2, to disable the annoying green message bar that appears in the sim? You know the one that says 'Greaser' when landing. Well I want it gone already hehe.

Thanks,

Jim

Are you using FSX?

Not sure if any of these will fix it...but the [display] section has all those info/enable sections...if you "false" all of them, perhaps it will kill the green bar..it's the same bar that the weather scrolls across i think.

Then there is this section:

Try turning those Red "1's" to "0's" ...maybe that will kill it.

[ATC]
ShowATCText=1
COMM_MSG_NONE_COLOR=FFFFFFFF
COMM_MSG_ATC_USER_COLOR=FFB6FFB6
COMM_MSG_USER_ATC_COLOR=FFFFD21B
COMM_MSG_ATC_AI_COLOR=FF00FF00
COMM_MSG_AI_ATC_COLOR=FFFF7840
AutoOpenAirTrafficWindow=1
UsePilotVoice=1
PilotVoice=0

I found this tip in my files from a guy named bliksimpie, sorry I didn't save the site it came from,

"here is what I got and it is working for me.
----
The text is in the language.dll in the fsx main folder.

As its a dll BACK IT UP FIRST if it all go's pair shaped just copy the backup back to the main fsx folder.....
you need to open the dll in a resources editor.

I use this one it works fine under XP 32bit and there is also a 64 bit version out now.

http://angusj.com/resourcehacker/

open the language.dll in the above program for the English Accel version. the exit text is in the "string table folder" "section number 2404" but you can use find if its not there, BUT be careful as there are a lot of strings that use the word exit.

When you find the strings they will be in "". You now need to delete all the text inside the "" but leave the "" then click on "compile script" then do a file save.

As its a dll you cant modify and upload it due to copyright..

If the above scares you or to daunting then you might find a edited ver floating around the net I know the fs9 one ended up on most of the larger flightsim sites also make sure the language.dll is for your current ver as it sure to have changed from fsx to fsxA

I take no responsibility if your system catch's fire or stops working or if you get a nasty email from msoft ...Ive been running a self moded one for mths btw no issues here"

I would ask at the AirHauler forum as it might be as simple as one his code files that could be changed, like a .dll file that talks to the language file. He might even add a switch in AH2 to let other users shut it off too.:)

• Like 1
14 hours ago, brett said:

I found this tip in my files from a guy named bliksimpie, sorry I didn't save the site it came from,

I would ask at the AirHauler forum as it might be as simple as one his code files that could be changed, like a .dll file that talks to the language file. He might even add a switch in AH2 to let other users shut it off too.:)

I found this last night and thought it was a bit too much hassle for now - and like you, I also thought about putting a 'suggestion' on the AH2 forum - so I did :)

It's not a huge issue, but it is just annoying me a little, when I run sweetfx or similar, the bar flickers. It also drops frames slightly when it appears. Just a minor annoyance to add to the list of annoyances found with FSX ;)

When people ask me about flight simming - I reply, half the fun is tinkering with the settings and d*cking around with configs hehe - people find it hard to understand that someone with exactly the same setup can have completely different experiences. Fun times with FSX!

• Like 1

Isn't there a setting in AH to disable those? Can't check now as I'm at work, but I'm pretty sure there is.

Since they are generated from the AH client I doubt it's possible to disable them from within FSX. My guess is that they are generated via FSUIPC, so if it's not in AH perhaps there's a way to disable them in the FSUIPC settings.

1 hour ago, stu7708 said:

Isn't there a setting in AH to disable those? Can't check now as I'm at work, but I'm pretty sure there is.

Since they are generated from the AH client I doubt it's possible to disable them from within FSX. My guess is that they are generated via FSUIPC, so if it's not in AH perhaps there's a way to disable them in the FSUIPC settings.

Not at the moment there isn't...but Jim just made it a feature request...and I have upvoted and commented postively on it. It's a sensible UI option...i bet Duncan will add it as a feature down the road...hoping anyhow.

Jim...I found that you are indeed correct regarding the FPS...omfg...the lower rates I have put up with due to that simple fix, last night I flew through some pretty cool clouds around Hawaii with nearly full 30 FPS...I will ONLY undock my GPS anymore....and try to choose aircraft that have InDash GPS units...even better.

So, I have dragged that green bar all the way to the bottom of the screen...it's obscuring a tiny bit of dash, but I'm using trackIR and it stays at the bottom when I move my head :) ...and I am finding it less distratcing when it PoPsUp down there as opposed to out in the middle of the sky...I didn't even notice it a couple times during a long flight.