Re: P-40 Curtiss Warhawk.

I should like to add this to my DCS: FSX stable. I see that here's a quartet available on the Fly Away site and I am looking for an active pity. Would any of thoise do the trick or is there anything else you could recommend?

Many thanks.

Don't have them in my hangar James, If you like the higher quality payware offerings I would vote for the A2A Warhawk, it's very, very nice. :thum:

Flyaway has been around for a long time but for some reason I have been bitten by some of the downloads but that could just be me, also get warnings when I go to their site. I think most of the freeware P-40's  are F9 updated for FSX versions. I'm sure Dodgy Alan would have the best freeware version in his hangar, if he doesn't see this post a PM will set you up nice I'm sure.:yesa:

Let us know what you settle on.:)

• Like 1

One thing you need to know James if you purchase any A2A aircraft is after installation you will need to update it with their all inclusive updating system which can be found here. Just download the latest one on the top of the post, no need to use any past ones. Also make sure you bundle the Accusim package with your purchase and be prepared to be blown away(I suggest the use of earphones to hear every little sound).:) 

i can see how delightful this A2A job is. Following Alan's advice I installed the freebie 'Iris' version but clearly the A2A version knocks off the proverbial spots. 

I note your advice about those updates and Accusim. Now - is there anything still in my pig?

The Iris ones are really good, especially since they're freebies. A2As is the dog danglies for sure, but until the price drops it can stay there. I don'th think Marie would be too impressed if I spent over £30 on a sim addon at the moment!  :stars:

Those that have known me for a few years can attest to the fact that I have always had problems with how much many of these addons cost but when it comes to the A2A product line, THINK I would rather apologize for the purchase after the fact.:D Except for a few other products from RealAir or Majestic, they are all I am flying right now and my sim experience has been better for it.:cool: Having the patience to wait for sales helps too.;)

Once again a cry for help, brothers in arms.

I found that most of the paperwork in my pig were beyond their sell by date so, from SimShack I have bought the download package of the A2A Warhawk and the AccuSim that accompanies it. 

Starting with the P-40 the install went to "C\Program Files (86)\ Steam\ steamapps\common\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes....then the AccuSim install followed the same route. 

But where is it all? When I fire up DCS: FSX and select Free Flight there's no sign of any Warhawk.

HELP!

There should be an "X" in the "...Files (86)..." part, as in  "C\Program Files (x86)\ Steam\ steamapps\common\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes.  Could that be your problem or is that just a typo in your posting?

John

I found this on the A2A site...not sure if this is a cure for your airrailment:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,

the issue is that you seem to have moved the default directory the installer should have picked up for you.

C\Program Files (x86)\Steam|steamapps\Common\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes

Should just be;

C\Program Files (x86)\Steam|steamapps\Common\FSX\

This will be picked up automatically when you run the installer, there is not normally any reason to change what is auto detected from your system registry.

thanks,
Lewis

IF this is the problem...check your Airplanes folder and see if there is an extra 'SimObjects" folder sitting in there with extra Airplanes/Warhawk folders buried to deep in extra folders.

Regards.

Edited by Captain Coffee
  • Like 1

Bravo, Matt. "I am," as the Bishop said the Actress, "in!

In my Free Flight stable I have the following:

P-40 AVG  P-40B  P-40C  and P-40 C Tomahawk IIB

Next...they all fly just fine along with plenty of noise.

Is there a keyboard input layout available or does one input via the "Input Configurator"?

Many, many thanks for your suggestion.

Holy Moley...I fixed (erm...found the fix rather for) someone's issue!
Happy to help get you into the Hawkpit.

Happy to hear that you are experiencing plenty of noise...I trust it is the good rumbling throaty kind, not the hissy static-y kind. ;)

Edited by Captain Coffee
On ‎10‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 06:46, Onward79 said:

Bravo, Matt. "I am," as the Bishop said the Actress, "in!

In my Free Flight stable I have the following:

P-40 AVG  P-40B  P-40C  and P-40 C Tomahawk IIB

Next...they all fly just fine along with plenty of noise.

Is there a keyboard input layout available or does one input via the "Input Configurator"?

Many, many thanks for your suggestion.

@Matt- Good Job and congrats!:hat:(Not that you don't help folks all the time:))

@James- I found this on their forum and think this might help you out if I followed your question correctly,

"First of all: you can configure the Input Configurator any time you want. I is not REQUIRED to rum FSX/A2A aircraft, however it can also be done, when FSX is active with an A2A aircraft selcted. The configurator is self-explanatory. In the top box you have access to all available axes of all controller that are recognized as HID (Human Interface Device). Each line depicts an item, that can be selected for one of the axes. In the lower box you have access to a list of functions, that can be assigned to any key, key combo or controller switch. To assign simply doubleclick to the right side of the line and a window will open, that let's you assingn whatever key or controller switch you want for that specific function. Don't forget to use "save and exit" when everything is done. And, yes of course, if you have an assignment for a specific key or controller button already through FSX, both events will be triggered. It is therefore a good idea to only assign ONE function to a specific key.
It's as simple as that :D Any assignment can be checked immediately, when FSX is running with the appropriate A2A aircraft.

Sent from my desktop keyboard ... but who cares.... 8)"

So you can either use the default keys you have set now or create your own custom set, keep in mind that A2A is mouse heavy when controlling many VC functions so be sure to RTM.;)