Tomorrow(edit).. TODAY is "OD Day" yes Orbx Direct day!

From November 1st 2016 Orbx Direct opens its doors to the fight sim community, you will be able to take advantage of the latest FTX Central  V3 and enjoy a much simpler way of doing things with Orbx scenery.

orbx1.jpg

I'm allowed to show you some sneak peeks, so here goes!

When registering with Orbx Direct you can migrate all your existing purchases from the Flight Sim Store to your Orbx Direct account for seamless integration into FTXCv3.

transfer.jpg

With the new FTX Central (FTXC) it's easier than ever to manage your growing collection of Orbx products. FTXC will show you products you have purchased but not installed and (if required) products that's you haven't purchased.

aircraft.jpg

With one click you're taken to the Orbx Direct web store, where all the products are listed in the same categories you see in FTX Central. You can browse at your leisure, view the crystal clear screenshots and videos, add products to the basket and continue shopping or check out. You can use your favourite debit or credit card or PayPal.

region.jpg

Downloading and updating now happens entirely from within FTXC so no more downloading .zip files, extracting, and activating outside this cosy environment.

update.jpg

What's more, the downloads are much faster than before when using Orbx's own Content Delivery Network (CDN) with over 200 global nodes.

download.jpg

Choose to download and forget, or download and save a file copy on your archive drive, it's all up to you.

instaloption.png

The OrbxDirect website talks directly to FTX Central so as soon as you check out you'll see Windows notifications of your purchases and they will appear in the product category list. You'll also get an email to confirm your purchases.

Settings are simplified..

settings2.jpg

Control panels and user manuals straight from FTXCv3

control.jpg

So there you have it, the future of FTX!

Please note, some aspects of these shots may differ on the final product.

• Like 1

It's certainly looking good from the screenshots you've been allowed to post Joe.

I'm looking forward to it. Looking at it, it feels as though it's going to be simpler in the long term but, I reckon there will be some headaches for some.

No doubt people have many questions, John Venema has already anticipated some of them and create a Q&A post here http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/123619-orbxdirect-and-ftx-central-v3-offical-faq/

If you have feedback or want to ask questions the official place is here http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/123622-orbxdirect-and-ftxcv3-faq-add-feedback-here/ 

Step by  step guide by John - http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/123940-how-to-use-orbxdirect-and-ftxcentral-v3-a-step-by-step-guide/

Cheers,

Joe

Sort of like an ORBX/Steam set up.:P Looks convenient and an easy way to keep track of everything but I think I'll still save all my zips somewhere else.:)

Be cool if they could add a way to map all the scenery too. Still a nice setup for those of us with lots of their scenery and a faster way to re-install it all after a re-build.:thum: 

I waited till this weekend to mess around with the migration...happy to report it went smooth as silk...all the bugs have been fly-papered away from my view.

It helped me identify a few freeware items I had missed before...some AI traffic packs for NA and Oceana, and a few PNW fields I had overlooked.

Nice job, and looking forward to Easy Peasy FTX managing in future.

Cheers ORBx.

Whole process ran very smooth here with 80+ products.  Treated myself to  EGHI  just to try the shop out.  All went well, without incident. 

Must agree with you Joe, the ORBX support forum is very entertaining.

• Like 1