Elevation is my woes! FTX is the devil!

OK, so when FTX works, I love it! BUT!!! When FTX has elevation issues it drives me mental!

I just needed a place to vent my rage so I am sorry about this - I have all FTX Global products, I have FTX England and FTX Compton Abbas. Everything was running fine until recently, where the apron is sunk at Compton Abbas.

This does not make sense, I can understand it if it was a 3rd party addon but no, this is FTX, surely ALL FTX products should just work seamlessly with one another - GGRRrrr!

I have run the Vector tool and still made no difference, I only have FTX scenery installed so it cannot be a conflict of any kind either. I am re-installing as we speak but it is driving me insane.

Rant over :)

Hi everyone lolol

I have fsx steam edition and ftx global base, vector and openLC Europe with England, Scotland and Wales regions. I have a few FTX airports too and they are all fine apart from EGHA Compton Abbas. This one the concrete apron has sunk.

I made the mistake of uninstalling vector and England so in process of downloading them again (taking all night I think)

The FTX Central 3 idea sounded great but actually reinstall of the bigger products is quite painful to reinstall - I shall be making a backup asap lol.

Its weird because it was working not so long ago ut every time I run central it has a mind of it's own. 

Well, I reinstalled both england, vector and compton abbas - the apron is still the same. 

I had this a while back and I'm not sure how it resolved - I think I actually did a complete re-install of my ORBX products, obviously do not want to do that any time soon again. 

I will continue to mess and until then, I will just have to avoid Compton Abbas:)

Jim, have you run the FTx Vector configuration tool. That could sort out the elevation issues at Compton Abbas. 

Open the tool up and head to Evelation corrections. Run the Auto config setting and it should sort the airports that need fixing out. Check the sim. If Compton is fine, great. If it's not. Return to the vector tool and type in the ICAO code for for Compton in the 'AEC is on' box.  If the code shows up there. Rrmove it back to the'AEC is off' section. Then check the airport again. 

If its. It in the AEC is on section. Call it up from the off section and put it in the AEC is on section. 

Whenever you install a new airport or reinstall vectors, you need to run the tool. 

Hope this helps and makes sense. It s early and I haven't had my first cup of tea yet. :)

Jess B

1 hour ago, Jess-b said:

Jim, have you run the FTx Vector configuration tool. That could sort out the elevation issues at Compton Abbas. 

Open the tool up and head to Evelation corrections. Run the Auto config setting and it should sort the airports that need fixing out. Check the sim. If Compton is fine, great. If it's not. Return to the vector tool and type in the ICAO code for for Compton in the 'AEC is on' box.  If the code shows up there. Rrmove it back to the'AEC is off' section. Then check the airport again. 

If its. It in the AEC is on section. Call it up from the off section and put it in the AEC is on section. 

Whenever you install a new airport or reinstall vectors, you need to run the tool. 

Hope this helps and makes sense. It s early and I haven't had my first cup of tea yet. :)

Jess B

It does make sense so thanks for that :) I have run the tool but I am not sure of EGHA is within the any of the lists - double check tonight.

Am I able to manually put it in one of the lists? if it doesn't exist already? So is there an add button or something?

It's a shame because I love FTX but the elevation issues it causes even with it's own products is just crazy. I could understand 3rd party addons maybe having issues, but not their own stuff. Ah well, life goes on, 1st world problems and all that. 

10 minutes ago, UKJim said:

Am I able to manually put it in one of the lists? if it doesn't exist already? So is there an add button or something?

Jim,

Yes, the AEC configuration tool gives you the total ability to add and remove individual airports to and from the exclude list manually.

Cheers

Andrew

7 hours ago, Andrew Godden said:

Jim,

Yes, the AEC configuration tool gives you the total ability to add and remove individual airports to and from the exclude list manually.

Cheers

Andrew

Really? I just tried but it just filters the two lists when I enter the code in the box - no add button or anything either and there doesn't seem to have any other place to enter the code.

Is this detailed in a manual or something I don't mind reading up.

If it is possible to add codes to each list that would be great as long as it works.

Thanks for your comments I appreciate the help. Never straight forward with FSX :)

OK still no joy :( EGHA does not exist in either list and therefore cannot disable or anything. I also cannot add this to the list either. I really do not know where to go apart from raising a post on the support forum but to be honest I doubt it will be resolved.

Here is what it looks like atm lol...

d175980f405444e358a2dbc4725d17ae.png

OK so I have had a dig around in all scenery folders for EGHA and found in the world/scenery folder a file called '000_EGHA_FTX_Exclude_ALT.BGL' and I delete it - this seemed to have sorted this out (for now)

I do not know what put that in there but it caused some grief.

Fingers crossed it doesn't come back any time soon GGRRRrrrr

Thanks all!!

I'm guessing that removing that file did the same thing as removing EGHA in the AEC-tool for Global Vectors. But I'm also guessing it will come back the next time you run the automatic detection in the AEC-tool...

As for documentation to read up on this I think it's available in FTX Central, but I'm not at home so I can't confirm or give any more detailed instructions at the moment. (and I still haven't installed version 3, so it really wouldn't be much help even if I was at home). An other option is to dig around in the ORBX folder in your FSX-folder. All PDFs with documentation is in there somewhere.

You can also take a look at the video below.. jump to about 5 minutes in... it is based on an earlier version than the current one, but the method is the same as far as I recall..

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...