Active Sky 2016 - Is it worth the upgrade?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Who knows, Wayne? There could be better drivers around now. It's easy to go to the manufacturer's website and download a new set.   There's a mess of stuff that needs to be addressed to get

Hi John,   There is a trial key available which is the full version valid for 7 days. http://hifisimtech.com/as16-fsx-trial/   As much as we can rant and rave, or dismiss the produ

Thanks guys for the precious info, I was looking for some good advice and found it here. Just got AS16 (upgrade from ASN) without ASCA, I'll be using REX for textures.

Posted Images

No. 

I didn't realise that AS16 is not put out by REX - maybe I should have Googled it, eh?. The link you sent took me to the dev's website and their reseller(s) like JF want $60 for the P3D version. As I already have REX Essentials + O/D, I felt this was a bit too steep just to have decent RW Wx at altitude. Remember, I was going in to this to use it with the PMDG 777 which I still have not purchased.

You're right - the REX part of the equation is a smokin' deal.

Edited by Quickmarch
SP check

Simmarket seems to be showing the sale price for P3D version right now $37.70 US, there was a disclaimer on the HiFi site saying some retailers might not follow their pricing. :) 

• 1 month later...

Hi Bob, I use it for both, have a look through the screenshots page a lot of us on here have posted GA shots using Active sky, I think it works well with both types of flight....

• Like 1

Thank you Wain, I have read that Active Sky 2016 slows down the opening of FSX, I can understand this as I have quite a lot of addon scenery and my FSX is now slow to open. Have you experienced this problem.