Hi John,

Thank you for your reply.  I run Gr1 on FSX  which I have had for awhile now and have learnt quite a bit which I follow from the Operations Manual  but I still come up with problems that need answers to so lets start from the first question.

When the pilot climbs into the aircraft it will be dead which means he has to go through the preflight startup procedure.  When I click on fly now in the tutorial mode, the aircraft comes up live which means that I have been going into the pop out cockpit layout menu upper left and shutting it down which I don't think is correct, can you please advice. 

Edited by Raymond
On ‎13‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 13:13, Raymond said:

Hi John,

Thank you for your reply.  I run Gr1 on FSX  which I have had for awhile now and have learnt quite a bit which I follow from the Operations Manual  but I still come up with problems that need answers to so lets start from the first question.

When the pilot climbs into the aircraft it will be dead which means he has to go through the preflight startup procedure.  When I click on fly now in the tutorial mode, the aircraft comes up live which means that I have been going into the pop out cockpit layout menu upper left and shutting it down which I don't think is correct, can you please advice. 

I haven't used the tutorial mode but it sounds like the powered up status is part of the scenario loaded up for the mode.  A cold and dark setup is probably the default setting for the normal mode. I guess the designers don't consider the start up procedures part of the tutorial, however you may be able to do something about this depending on what you want. 

If you want to always start the aircraft sim up at the same point as the tutorial, then it is a matter of going through the start up procedure until you get to the point where the tutorial starts and then save the situation as a flight and call it something like "GR1-Started".  Then you can load your non tutorial flights at the same place as the tutorial.

The other way around might be difficult as the tutorial will undoubtedly have some customization. There is possibly a solution to this but I am not sure it will work.  Try this:  Start the aircraft in tutorial mode. Shut down the engines and all systems until the aircraft is colds and dark, use the switch and leaver positions in the normal mode (cold and dark) to ensure the aircraft is in the same state as a normal start. Then save the flight as something like Cold and dark tutorial" DO NOT OVER WRITE THE EXISTING TUTORIAL FLIGHT.

Next time you want to do the tutorial, load the new flight and see what happens. If it doesn't work, then delete the new saved flight, and go with the original. You will have to teach your self to start up in any event as the custom tutorial wont cover the start up to ready to go state, at best it will cover the parts in the tutorial.

If it doesn't work or you are reluctant to do the above, then you could start at cold and dark, set up the aircraft as far as the tutorial start and than close it down. call this a separate tutorial and once mastered move on to the flying tutorial.

Good luck

J.