This is my latest challenge!

I have posted a 'Help' cry on Plan G's Forum  but there's been a marked lack of response to date so here I am - again. I have a suspicion that I have installed the incorrect version for my FSX:SE setup.

I did have an older version of Plan G installed but that wasn't functioning any more so I removed that and, with the Norton software disabled, I installed the Plan G's Version 3.1.3.  

The result I got was a shock. :(  if I knew how to add an attachment I could show you my screen view. Perhaps I could be guided I could be guided about that as well. For now, when starting the Plan G programme, my screen is filed with a dark blue background subdivided into rectangles each bearing an overlaid message, in deep red, of "Exception. The remote name could not be resolved 'otile 1 mqcdn.com'

Advice, please.  What on earth have I done???

Well, I went ahead and installed that 3.1.4 Map fix test and everything SEEMS alright. But just in case, where do I find those 'Options' you mention?

This is what you get for being so helpful, Andrew. 

Thanks again,Andrew. NOW I see where you mean. Unfortunately I'm not even seeing that layout. Clicking on that 'File'  tab - which shows as a green coloured one -  results in nothing dropping down and the 'Home', 'Map' and 'View' tabs are all greyed out. The install path I followed put the 3.1.3 version into the Program File s (x86) whilst the 3.1.4 version  I stuck into the simpler Program Files within my main drive. For now I'm going to wait until tomorrow before trying anything else as my brain is weary after a run of uninstalls and reinstalls. 

Any further thoughts to aid an exhausted pilgrim? Meanwhile blessings upon you. 

Sounds like you have not built your database yet? This can be done via the Data tab then Build Navigation Database

I have P3D so it looks like this:

Screen Shot 01-17-17 at 03.45 PM.PNG

The user manual will give you more information

1 hour ago, Captain Coffee said:

I swear, those J. Allard ChartsTM are Everywhere ...such handy things. So happy they are auto-included in Airhauler2TM. :thum:

I'm losing a lot of money giving them away free, but hope to make it up on volume.

John

• Like 2

Came the dawn and off I go.

To begin, for Mutley.....there must  something amiss with my install for as much as I should like to open that drop down File menu, for me it won't open- see my response to Andrew. Furthermore in trying to build that data base, for FSX in my case, although I can produce a popup with its choices, again clicking on the appropriate square gets no reaction. 

So should I put the 3.1.3 version into my Program Files (x86) and the 3.1.4 into my Program Files...you think, rather than sticking them both into the former slot???

Ye Gods this is a bit trying.

1 hour ago, Onward79 said:

Furthermore in trying to build that data base, for FSX in my case, although I can produce a popup with its choices, again clicking on the appropriate square gets no reaction. 

Have you set the simulator and scenery config path in the settings screen?, if not, the "Build FSX Database" function will not work. Follow the steps below:

Screen-Shot-01-18-17-at-10.53-AM.jpg

Right now I'm poised to ready to carry out a reinstall having cleaned out all the original attempt. Before that, when I open the set up file all I see is a 'Readme' and the application for version 3.1.3. 

Is that OK to use? I thought I read somewhere on TA's site that there should be a third element. I'm hesitating before getting underway just in case there's an error therein.

Phew. Apologies for being a pain in the butt

about this.

Right now I'm poised to ready to carry out a reinstall having cleaned out all the original attempt. Before that, when I open the set up file all I see is a 'Readme' and the application for version 3.1.3. 

Is that OK to use? I thought I read somewhere on TA's site that there should be a third element. I'm hesitating before getting underway just in case there's an error therein.

Phew. Apologies for being a pain in the butt

about this.

Happy to hear it's sorted out now.  Joe is, in fact, a computer superman, and Andrew doesn't have to take a back seat to many either.  You've had the benefit of some pretty good help.  I hope you enjoy Plan G - I certainly do.  When you're ready for turning on the built in support for my airport charts let us know.

John

• Like 1

Hi James,

Are you definitely on line? Plan-G needs internet access to the internet to load the map tiles.

The database shouldn't affect the display of the map, it only provides the data for the overlay of airport and VOR locations etc.

Click the File Tab, then select options - General (at the end of the list) and in the Map provider section ensure OpenStreetMap is selected. There should be dot in the circle next to the option like this.

Screen Shot 01-23-17 at 12.50 PM.PNG

Hi, Joe. In reply...I am online with a good connection

and the Open Street Map radio button is dotted.

Hmmm. I suspect it''s that Fickle Finger of Fate again.

Gol' darnitHi, Joe. In reply...I am online with a good connection

and the Open Street Map radio button is dotted.

Hmmm. I suspect it''s that Fickle Finger of Fate again.

Gol' darn it. It has suddenly appeared. I clicked on the 'Find' under that 'File' tab and the map reappeared. 

God's Holy Trousers....to quote Michael Caine.

Just hope that I shan't have to bother you again for ages!