waypoints/depatures and arrivals

hi everyone first i will apologise for changing the subject on the CAPTAIN SIM 707 thread.i am currently learning the PIC PILOT IN COMMAND sim.think i am sussing the waypoints as i explained on the other thread.the manual with this sim is very brief as some of you will know,but a lot simpler than a340 professional.my problem is it says in the manual to pick a 3 digit way point fix,this is what is bugging me.where are they?for example if i am going to heathrow i use the waypoint LINDY to the left off the airport lining me up with runway 9L.i load this into the cdu and it accepts it,i then type in EGLL for heathrow and that too is accepted,activate and execute and i can fly the route as programmed,but there we have a 5 and a 4 digit or letter waypoint fix.if anyone could just enlighten me with this i would be most grateful.so in a fashion i can get my route,the manual the departures and arrivals or thw dep/arr page on the CDU i have pressed this button and clicked on my alloted runway and the whole flight path goes to cock.also it says go to the legs page and close the route,and i an totally lost here.if anyone could move me in the right direction i would be very thankful.perhaps i am too old for this lark.best regards mick

A VOR is a typical 3-digits fix.

Some NDBs also.

Ex: SOR (VOR) 112.20 - SOR (NDB) 426.00

The FMC accepts generally from 2 to 5 digits per fix. Also, you have the possibility to enter a fix using either coordinates (e.g. NXXXX.X/EXXXXXX.X), place/bearing/distance, place-bearing/place-bearing, along-track, etc etc.

Ciao!