I am considering upgrading my Dash * to the pro version as well as getting the Airline2Sim - Majestic Dash 8 Q400 Cadet HD Video Training.

There are a lot of videos on YouTube, I know that, some good such as Frooglesim and some...not so good. But the Airline2Sim training is advertised as the real thing, by a real pilot and about as close to training from a real pilot as we can get.

So any of you got this training video and what is your evaluation?. I have looked for a trusted Mutley review and if it's in there I can't find it

Hi Bumblebee, 

i have the Airline2Sim dash-8 cadets course, and to be honest, it's very good. I've sat through lots of training videos in the past covering aircraft like the B767 and MD-80, and they've all had one thing in common. They are technically good, but the delivery is very dry and technical. The Airline2Sim vids are much more watchable. The information is all there, but you never feel the need to 'take a break to unscramble your head ' having watched them. It's all good stuff, proper information but it's easily digestible and a damn sight more friendly that a dry training vid. Josh, who provides the Dash-8 training is great to listen to. In short, it's all good. 

Best wishes,

Jess B 

Well, thanks for that, Jess. I was waiting for a 'however' that never came. I think it is helpful that you say there isn't an information overload, which, ion my case at least, is very important.

Once again, thank you.

+1 on what Jess said, very enjoyable and they will give some great insight into the life of a short-haul pilot along with getting a handle on smoothly flying that lively bird. I have even watched a few of the videos a few times over. :thum:

I haven't gotten the pro version yet and not even sure if I need it as often as I fly it.:)

Over the last few months I have been flying it more frequently than anything else, and feel real comfortable doing so, even though I know I have picked up some scrappy YouTube habits. Anyway, I have the videos now and will work through them from today, after the glowing comments from you and Jess I am looking forward to it.

• Like 1