Milviz - Cessna T-50 Bobcat

Terrific review. It looks like a gorgeous thing and I have been on the fence about picking it up...and now thanks to Andrew I will wait for a 1/2 Off MilViz sale for this one.

It is on the small size for a twin for AirHauler, but it would fit my VFR preference...the top speed looks reasonable ...but I'm not sure about that MTOW listed in the review ...it looks too good to be true. hahaha. :P:P:P

Might want to Digit Check this for accuracy: :D (No wonder it was sluggish on take off Andrew. :whis: )

MTOWoops.jpg

Edited by Captain Coffee

Excellent review Andrew, thanks for taking your time out to do it for us.:thum:

I am a little surprised at the glaring modeling error on the landing gear considering MILVIZ's reputation, any news on any fixes from them? An old twin Cessna like this would be nice to have.:)

I hope milviz adds some actual station load sections... Having only the pilot position in the weight and balance section is a big bummer for air haulers. Especially if the station load is offset from the center of gravity. This isn't a big deal for me because I add and change station loads all the time, however it appears to be an arcane science to some folks over on the air hauler EA forums.. Messing with .Cfgs scares some people.

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, Captain Coffee said:

I hope milviz adds some actual station load sections... Having only the pilot position in the weight and balance section is a big bummer for air haulers. Especially if the station load is offset from the center of gravity. This isn't a big deal for me because I add and change station loads all the time, however it appears to be an arcane science to some folks over on the air hauler EA forums.. Messing with .Cfgs scares some people.

The good news is Milviz have confirmed this as a bug and will be fixed in the next update :)

• Like 1

I knew there was a good reason I am a MilViz fan...besides their great copters. They have terrific customer response support. Now if they will just make that Rotodyne I am lusting for ... I would propose marriage to them...or promise not to, whichever they prefer.

• 2 months later...

Although too expensive for what it is I have been looking for a small vintage twin so I went for the Milviz Bobcat. A big disappointment, not with the model but the download. The VC panel is out of focus, the switches are clear enough and everything works but the dials and labels are too fuzzy to read and there are almost no popup labels so no help there. Also no gear warning light or flap indicator. I have tried all the usual procedures I know, re downloading, turning off protection whilst down loading, Preview Direct 10 etc. all to no avail. JF have been most helpful as always and suggested I contact Milviz support but they have no email support system only a forums page which I found to be far too complicated to negotiate. This is a pity not only because I have wasted too much money but because it is otherwise a very nice model to fly which it does well and as one would expect from a somewhat lumpy little aeroplane, on short finals it lacks directional stability so needs coaxing. Any suggestions to relieve my frustration would be most welcome.

I also bought the FSAddon model but in my perhaps too demanding view it is not so well modelled and the VC textures are a bit comic book. It all highlights just how good the AF Avro Anson is. Bob.

I am not sure what zoom level you are using or how bad the problem you are having is but I can point you to this statement in the review,

Summary, Issues, and Variations. The rendition of the Milviz Cessna T-50 Bobcat is highly detailed and accurate, the visual quality is excellent, and it provides a faithful representation of the real world aircraft. Most major elements of the cockpit are clear and easy to read, with the typical range of various alternative cockpit camera views to provide more detailed clarity, albeit that some gauges lack clarity unless viewed at high zoom levels. Otherwise, the texture quality was very good. 

I can only recommend making sure the original install is totally removed, sometimes installing the product to a folder on your desktop first will reveal any wayward files the are not removed during uninstall, before reinstalling again.

The Bobcat is something I have not purchased yet, maybe I never will;), so I can't help more than that. Maybe Andrew will pop in since he has done extensive testing(wait a day due to time differences) otherwise you might have to resort to Milviz's support forum no matter how daunting. Also using the preset panel views might come in handy while flying. Wish I could do more to help.:(

18 hours ago, BOB LOMAS said:

Although too expensive for what it is I have been looking for a small vintage twin so I went for the Milviz Bobcat. A big disappointment, not with the model but the download. The VC panel is out of focus, the switches are clear enough and everything works but the dials and labels are too fuzzy to read and there are almost no popup labels so no help there. Also no gear warning light or flap indicator. I have tried all the usual procedures I know, re downloading, turning off protection whilst down loading, Preview Direct 10 etc. all to no avail. JF have been most helpful as always and suggested I contact Milviz support but they have no email support system only a forums page which I found to be far too complicated to negotiate. This is a pity not only because I have wasted too much money but because it is otherwise a very nice model to fly which it does well and as one would expect from a somewhat lumpy little aeroplane, on short finals it lacks directional stability so needs coaxing. Any suggestions to relieve my frustration would be most welcome.

I also bought the FSAddon model but in my perhaps too demanding view it is not so well modelled and the VC textures are a bit comic book. It all highlights just how good the AF Avro Anson is. Bob.

Bob,

When reviewing the Milviz T-50 Bobcat, whilst I found the model to be generally good, I was rather disappointed with the cockpit and panel, as my comments indicated. A few dot points to consider:

• Whenever I use the Milviz T-50 Bobcat, I have to disable my anti virus protection otherwise it will quarantine a lights .exe file - this was noted in the review.
  • I am not aware of this causing other problems, such as poor quality graphics.
  • I have my texture resolution set to 2048 x 2048.
  • I have my texture filtering setting set to Anisotropic 8x, but a higher setting will improve the fuzziness.
  • I found the graphics quality to be acceptable at these settings, although I still did use various zoom levels for some of the finer cockpit detail.
  • The landing gear and flap indicator is the aircraft gauge between the respective switches to the right of the yoke and directly below the chronometer.
  • As for the required coaxing on short finals, I think that is just a feature of the actual flight characteristics of this aircraft.

I hope at least some of this helps.

Cheers

Andrew

• Like 2