I am far up the proverbial creek.

Recently, for the first time, following an update to my SE: FSX installation, I was asked to sign in to my Steam FSX account. I have been using this since Flight Sim 2015 at Cosford without any major problems but now, suddenly, I am unable to sign in. Because my usual sign in details weren't accepted I was then asked to create a new password. Having done that, despite using the special verification code that was sent to me, I am still unable to sign in. When I boot up via the shortcut on my monitor the only thing that happens is a very brief popup that seemingly checks for updates with SE:FSX but I cannot run the sim at all.

Nearly there....would there exist a telephone number I might call or have someone do a Team Viewer link to get me over this frustrating hump? 

What offerings do you have, wise ones? If I have to do a reinstall is Program Files (x86) the worst place to park it in?

26 minutes ago, Onward79 said:

I am far up the proverbial creek.

Recently, for the first time, following an update to my SE: FSX installation, I was asked to sign in to my Steam FSX account. I have been using this since Flight Sim 2015 at Cosford without any major problems but now, suddenly, I am unable to sign in. Because my usual sign in details weren't accepted I was then asked to create a new password. Having done that, despite using the special verification code that was sent to me, I am still unable to sign in. When I boot up via the shortcut on my monitor the only thing that happens is a very brief popup that seemingly checks for updates with SE:FSX but I cannot run the sim at all.

Nearly there....would there exist a telephone number I might call or have someone do a Team Viewer link to get me over this frustrating hump? 

What offerings do you have, wise ones? If I have to do a reinstall is Program Files (x86) the worst place to park it in?

This is a Steam account issue. You need to contact Steam support.

Thanks, Andrew. That's what I've been trying to do but they are asking for details of the confirmation email to verify the account it was purchased with....I no longer have that email!

No further forward..

There must be a lost password link when you try to log in? 

So long as you have not changed your email address you should be able to reset it.

Also,make sure their emails are not being treated as spam by your email client, check your spam folder.

Thanks again, Joe. I have tried getting in again via that lost password link but each time I do, having been sent one of those special verification codes, when I try using the reset password I am still unable to get in. 

Any other thoughts? Isn't there a front door I can go and knock on??? 

PS. MY original install came via a card I picked up from the Steam stand at the Cosford Flight Sim get together in 2015 so I have no record of any email confirming its purchase as the card provided a free install.  

Have you tried sending them a ticket, https://dovetailgames.kayako.com/Tickets/Submit/RenderForm  explaining all the details you have made to this point. Patience will be the keyword of the day while dealing with this problem, they are a large company and deal with many customers. Do you still have that card they gave you? If you never had an email  you need some proof that you became a customer even if it was free. As the saying goes, "No ticky, no shirty", this goes for all products so send them a ticket and hope for the best. If you can, check out their forums to see if anyone else is having this problem since the last update.

Well, brett it took eight days but with patience on both our sides Steam Support has finally got me back into SE: FSX.

I think I shall have a beer.

What a relief.

Thanks for your helpful input!

• Like 1

I wish I knew just what caused the problem, brett. As I said earlier, following that update, for the first time I was asked to sign in and my password wasn't recognised. Have to admit that I didn't think to ask the Steam Support folks but as there's a choice of recapturing your lost right of entry on their selections, it would appear that isn't an unusual situation. 

Sorry I meant what was the fix, oops.:th_blush: I gather they finally contacted you and just reset your ability to access the site with your password. Did you check their forum and see if the update broke anyone else in the same fashion or where you the only lotto winner?:D

Ah...bit blearily over here just now.  My answer should have been 'No'. Mea culpa. I was somewhat distracted by the coming and going of the several emails between them and me. However when tomorrow gets underway I shall whip off a query to them quoting my own problem and  puttng your question. 

Any progress I shall advise. 

• Like 1
15 hours ago, Onward79 said:

Ah...bit blearily over here just now.  My answer should have been 'No'. Mea culpa. I was somewhat distracted by the coming and going of the several emails between them and me. However when tomorrow gets underway I shall whip off a query to them quoting my own problem and  puttng your question. 

Any progress I shall advise. 

Are you sure you had only one celebratory beer.:P 

Thanks for checking for me, any information you can find will most certainly help someone else in the future.:)

No biggie James, they probably just manually gave you access and don't really know what caused the problem. :thanks: (With so many PC setups and settings it falls under "S**t Happens":stars:)