JF Canberra, some issues

Hi

Just to check with you guys, I have some issue with the Canberra.

1) throttles are stuck. Even if I open the cocks, they do not move.

2) engines are constantly spooling, even if I have not started the startup sequence.

Sim is FSX-SE (standalone) on Win7-64.

Edit: while writing this post, everything is fine? :huh: I don't understand but... I think it's ok! Time to fly :pilotic:

Edited by rosariomanzo
  • Like 1

That's what we called "Intermittent" issues back in the USAF aircraft maintenance days. Jumping into a plane with intermittent stuck throttles takes a certain kind of courage...it's on the foolhardy end of the spectrum i believe. :P

(Or it's just FSX having a heh hiccup...heh)

Let us know how it sorts out, pics ofc included :)

I managed to perform a complete flight, with many difficulties.

I'm sure that it's user error and maybe the model is too demanding for my old system.

Startup is still rocket science and autopilot is a mistery to me (even if it's similar to the Vulcan).

Will keep trying! :)

Hi have flown the JF Canberra many times (I did the MH review on it) and had no problems with it.

May I suggest you check your control settings.  If you use FSUIPC for your joystick and throttle, make sure that these are not being controlled elsewhere, such as the control settings within FSX. All non-keyboard controls should be disabled in the FSX control set.

• Like 1

Another little problem to solve before starting to fly again soon after moving.

I loose autopilot power after some time in flight. The autopilot IN light goes off, even if the circuit breakers, aircraft battery and generators are on.

Any clue on this?

Is the weather turbulent enough to overwhelm it's ability to keep it's settings, this does happen on some aircraft when using a weather addon such as AS16. If so you would make sure you have lowered the turbulence and wind shear variables and do some testing.:)  If not I'm stumped.:D

11 hours ago, brett said:

Is the weather turbulent enough to overwhelm it's ability to keep it's settings, this does happen on some aircraft when using a weather addon such as AS16. If so you would make sure you have lowered the turbulence and wind shear variables and do some testing.:)  If not I'm stumped.:D

Hi Brett and thanks for your help.

I've lowered the turbulence factor in AS16, the A2A Connie was a good test bed for this. What puzzles me is the white "IN" light (which states the AP is energized) going off. This should indicate some kind of electric issue.

Anyway, I am almost ready to start flying again, though a hundred boxes are still on the floor :faint:.

I didn't know the Canberra had an advanced electrical system, I don't have it myself. Unless someone here comes up with an answer I would put a tech issue ticket into JF, I tried looking on their forum to see if someone had the same problem but for some reason they don't answer tech questions there. Good luck with finding an answer Rosario.:)

• Like 1