Steve,

The TCO VOR exists in a default install of FS9, FSX, and P3D.

If you have any add-on scenery in that area, or use an updated Navigraph database, it is likely that these add-ons have changed the VOR designator, or removed the VOR all together. The TCO VOR is co-located with Temuco Airport (SCTC). If you can't resolve the VOR issue, adjust the test flight to overfly SCTC on an adjusted bearing direct to the VLD VOR and start timing as you cross the runway at SCTC.

Cheers

Andrew 

• Like 1

Thanks for the swift reply Andrew, I've added the VOR to FSX (using ADE + SDK pack).  I've the updated  BGL if anyone wants it .  Now I think I'm ready to give the flight a try:D.

All the best

• Like 1

It seems, as is almost always true in these cases, that the real-world today has diverged from the world circa 2005-6 that is represented in stock FSX.

Today, the VOR TCO (114.0 MHz - N1*48.88'; W78*44.87') is co-located with airport SKCO, not SCTC as it was in the stock FSX.  SCTC is in fact, at S38*45.96'; W72*38.18', some considerable distance from TCO's current location.

This is an ongoing problem with FSX in all its flavors - for most of us, current real world data, charts, ect. cause confusion unless the FSX databases can be updated to reflect the real world.  I guess there are some utilities that do that, but their use is still not a 100% fix because of changes in magnetic variation and the consequent re-numbering of runways at some airports.  The available fixes fix navaids and such but have no effect on airports or magnetic variation within FSX, so part of the problem remains even when the navaids database has been updated to reflect the real-world today.

John

• Like 1

Hi Steve, I think if anyone wants to bring flight sim navdata more in line with the real world then that is good. However, I feel pretty sure the stock P3D navdata is not far removed from the original FSX, that introduces many variables to the MEBAR which we can't really cater for. So we have to work with what came with the base sims.

Looking on the positive side, it adds more of a challenge to work with VOR and NDB coordinates rather than a quick reference from flight sim?

Happy days!

On 4/5/2017 at 14:27, allardjd said:

It seems, as is almost always true in these cases, that the real-world today has diverged from the world circa 2005-6 that is represented in stock FSX.

Today, the VOR TCO (114.0 MHz - N1*48.88'; W78*44.87') is co-located with airport SKCO, not SCTC as it was in the stock FSX.  SCTC is in fact, at S38*45.96'; W72*38.18', some considerable distance from TCO's current location.

Yeah, I'm flying the MEBAR in X-Plane and I used the 114.0 MHz VOR.  My numbers are messed up in the Target times; flight time should have been 16.8 rather than 15.5.  No big deal though, I'm just enjoying the flights.  Kind of wondering about the VOR's over the course though...  Maybe it'll get more interesting?...

I might fly a second Aircraft in P3D; sure do like my A2A Skylane.

• Like 1

Hi Goblin, welcome to the forums here.:hat: 

If you believe their was a mistake made in the time recorded please contact the rally coordinators here and they will be happy to help you. I agree on the A2A's Skyline, it's a nicely modeled and coded aircraft, just send in a new test time and pilot registration here. Enjoy the flights and I'm sure they will vary in difficulty and show some more great scenic areas and test your piloting skills. :)