48 minutes ago, mutley said:

Hi Tobus 

Go for it!  Please don't post before the PIREP due.

That's a fair one yes. Leg 1 done and 2 underway, but will hold off on the story and screenshots until after the pirep due date.

Thanks!

• Like 1

DO NOT ADD,  Birds an Wildlife of South America, to Fs 2004 add on scenery... You are flying along a valley and you think you see another aircraft ahead. Next thing you know your dodging CONDORS, Big enough to take a wing off,if you scare them,a dropping on the windshield your Ifr... Bad enough we have to land in a 3000Ft.diameter Volcano crater (could have been active, I guess that would be worse), they put LAMAS , those fury looking mini-camels on the landing strip :pilotic:

NOW with that said , I must say I meant this story in fun and hope a laugh:whis: Enjoying the rally..:thum:

• Like 3

Flight #4  As I climb out of the valley into a crimson an purple sunset , I look for a pass off to the left so I can get headed for the coast as the old Bambou Bombers engines are getting anemic in all this thin air. Keep checking the map for land marks , nearby clouds for rocks , and stars for black areas as a mountain could be between you and them. getting closed to ocean and letting down to thicker air an smaller hills , signs of civilization appear  House lights ,an roads not many high up in those mountains. looking at the map , I can start letting down over this bay , The air field should be just this side of the city but where? Should be landing lights , a fire at each end of the strip , two towns folk with flash lights, something! Throttel back ,Lower the gear, a notch of flaps ,slow down. time to put my Alaska bush flying to use .Turn off the panel lights to get some night vision going, sure enough there is a worn strip of grass cleared out of the forest. Drop down one more notch of flaps make a shallow left turn now down wind , watch the clock , 1 minute , another 2 minute left turn, little power ,a look now and then at the radio altimeter down to 200 Ft. . Dragging full flaps I see the dirt ahead , just cleared the trees , cut power and lift  the flaps plane falls like a rock the last 10 Ft. but is sticks.. NOW to find out who turned off the lights !     ( My old FS9 has no lights at this field , the map and GPS show it , but no lights of any kind)

• Like 4

The Finish , I taxi to a  parking area , directed to a spot, and shut down the engines , Lock the controls set the parking brake gather up the maps an charts and walk downhill to the exit door. Step out into the sun and look at the now much  older T-50 Bobcat. Oil film streaks from the cowling , landing gear seals leaking , wringle's in the fabric(like it's pilot) from some of the bounced touch an go's where I was wondering if the gear would retract or the tires were flattened and the full power hard climbing turns to get out of the Volcano craters, Then you think off the pilots you meet , hanger talk of there adventures , and a smile come across your face... It was a good rally.

Edited by dave evans
  • Like 2

You guys would love our Around The World Challenge. You 'bid' for a flight and post your adventure on our forums with screenshots, narrative and any supporting evidence you like. It is more story telling than a navigational challenge and is very popular on Mutleys. If you would like a reminder when the ATWC is due to launch, then message me via the forums. It's a great craic and a fun event.

• Like 2

I can imagine.

But ... im finishing in the aerosoft rtw in a couple of months. And preparing a challenge in our VA, Andras Meridian.

Too little time already :D:(

But ok I'll bite for now. When is it due for launch en where to find more info?

Edited by Tobus[NL]
  • Like 1