Aircraft Hangar

I remember many years ago a program called JAB.

JAB allowed you to easily manage your virtual hangar of aircraft on your hard drive thus reducing FS loading times etc..

Is there a similar program still around that works works with FSX:SE and Windows 10?

It sounds like SimStarter, reviewed here at Mutley's by pack member Jess...link below...might fit the bill.

http://www.mutleyshangar.com/reviews/jess/bs-ssng/bs-ssng.htm

Link to Manufacture's page.

http://www.aerosoft.com/en/fsxp3d/flight-simulator-x-steam/tools-missions/1428/simstarter-ng

• Like 1

SimStarters looks like it will do what I am looking for.

I'm looking for a tool that can move aircraft out of the FSX selection menu in a few clicks which I have so far done my creating a folder called Hangar int he Simobjects folder.  This removed the aircraft from FSX and can easily restored.  The benefit is slightly reduced loading times etc.

Simstarter goes beyond that and looks very powerful.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, lionwing said:

I'm looking for a tool that can move aircraft out of the FSX selection menu in a few clicks which I have so far done my creating a folder called Hangar int he Simobjects folder.  This removed the aircraft from FSX and can easily restored.  The benefit is slightly reduced loading times etc.

I have a second "standby "hangar on an external hard drive. There are around 500 aircraft in it, all I do is swap them in and out of the main "sim-objects" file whenever I need them. I also created a back-up hangar for the main sim so that addons and tweaks etc won't get lost if the PC ever goes down.

10 hours ago, lionwing said:

Simstarter might be your best bet.

Be very careful what you (manually) move out of your simobjects folder. The default aircraft in FSX often supply information to other aircraft, especially in the instrument packages. You could run in to the situation, for instance, where the aircraft you're trying to fly is looking for gauge references in the C-172 file. I'd be willing to bet P3D is similar, but don't know that for a fact.

• Like 2