Presenting FTX Innsbruck for Aerofly FS2 Flight Simulator!

vpF63kj.jpg

A close collaboration between ORBX and IPACS, both teams have been quietly working away at this over the past months, bringing together the ground-breaking visual engine of Aerofly FS2 with the high detail and immersion you have come to expect from an ORBX HD Airport.

For those who haven't had a chance to try AF FS2 yet, I strongly urge you to check it out. As a VFR experience, this is the best sim currently on the market, hands down. As you can see from the screenshots below, there is a clear mark-up in terrain quality - mountains look crisp, photoreal roads and railways are discernible all the way to the horizon, and both the shadow and atmospheric engines are stunning. Best of all, performance is through the roof - having spent a great deal of time learning from the IPACS team, I have discovered that they are passionate about tweaking the very best performance out of their engine as possible. 

In terms of the scenery itself, I've brought across the best elements of the FSX/P3D version that you've all been enjoying over the past month. Features expected from any next-gen ORBX airport are there - animated PeopleFlow, cars and trains, highly-detailed autogen vegetation and buildings, enormous coverage area, high-detail 2048 textures and dozens of landmarks. In addition, expect to see a couple of very exciting new features exclusive to AF FS2; naturally sloped runways, highly accurate crash detection (no more close-calls when flying under those bridges!), better-implemented spec/bump maps for the ground poly, and some very nifty shadow/night textures. Lastly, the optimisation of this engine really makes a difference - performance, microstutters and VAS usage are genuinely nothing to worry about around Innsbruck. I've been easily getting upwards of 130-140fps with maxed settings. 

Lastly, for those that own or are looking forward to a VR headset, AeroFly FS2 provides native compatibility for both Occulus Rift and HTC Vive. The smoothness and performance of the sim with, coupled with the native compatibility, make this the superior platform for VFR flying - I'm sure JV will chime in with his own experiences with the OR and AeroFly. 

UFkRRf8.jpg

CURRENT PRICING and RELEASE DETAILS

- Owners of the FSX/P3D version of LOWI will receive a 40% discount for the AeroFly FS2 version.

- Full price will be AUD$39.95 (€27, US$30, £23 approx.) or AUD$24 (€17, US$18, £14 approx.) at the discounted price

- Release is scheduled for June 15th 2017 (a special request from John - it's his birthday after all!)

- FTX Innsbruck for AeroFly FS2 will be previewed live at FlightSimCon on June 10th 2017; this will be streamed via our good friends at AirDailyX

- This is just the first of many ORBX airports for AeroFly FS2!

More here ... http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/134014-welcome-to-a-new-era-presenting-ftx-innsbruck-for-aerofly-fs2-flight-simulator/