Blackbox Simulation - Scottish Aviation Bulldog V2

They are great little aircraft. Also sold as the civil Beagle/SA Pup. The main difference being the fact that the cockpit has a solid roof over the pilots rather than the perspex dome. and of course de-militarised instruments. However that said many of the Military Bulldogs are now in Civilian hands following their replacement in service. We have had several of them based at Goodwood(EGHR) where the Ultimate High sport flying company had them for aerobatic and touring experiences.  Always delightful to see them throwing shapes in the sky above us on the coast . The review looks good, I wonder how it compares with the one I have which I think may be the earlier release of this one.

ultimate-high-flying-experinces-love-exc

• Like 2

Nice job on the review, well up to Andrew's standards of quality. I agree bout the manual, even though I don't typically dive into the documentation straight away, when I do open them I expect it to be relevant to the Model, not a bunch of scanned irrelevant RW documents. A2A put out a great example of a Mixed RW and Model manual for their Comanche ...I actually enjoyed reading side by side commentary about the real aircraft while learning about the Model Specific details, and read it cover to cover before even hopping into the Model, it was that good, and I was well acquainted with the VC before ever flipping the first switch.

This bird looks like a gas to fly, but it's speed and payload isn't going to rush it into my AirHauler hangars, but for someone who never reads manuals :P and likes slow and aerobatic...this looks like a winner.

Thanks for bringing us another top notch review Andrew, well written and covered.:thum:

I was wondering what the reference to "With flaps set to INTER...." what does 'INTER" stand for? I did a search but couldn't find anything that described that flap setting other than someone using it in a sentence while referring to his Bulldog's flap setting while in the pattern, I'm guessing the first notch, but nothing as far as what the abbreviation stands for. Anyone know off the top of their head?:) 

1 hour ago, brett said:

Thanks for bringing us another top notch review Andrew, well written and covered.:thum:

I was wondering what the reference to "With flaps set to INTER...." what does 'INTER" stand for? I did a search but couldn't find anything that described that flap setting other than someone using it in a sentence while referring to his Bulldog's flap setting while in the pattern, I'm guessing the first notch, but nothing as far as what the abbreviation stands for. Anyone know off the top of their head?:) 

Brett,

The flap setting on the panel is marked "INTER" and in the absence of any worthy manuals, I assume it is an abbreviation for "INTERMEDIATE" as opposed to "FULL". 

Cheers

Andrew

• Like 2