RealAir LAncair Legacy V2 - Where can I buy it?

I am aware of the closing of RealAir but I would REALLY like to purchase the RealAir LAncair Legacy V2 that they developed - for its realism.

Can anyone help?

Thanks.

Hi Cammy,

Welcome to our forums. :welcomeani:

As you have probably discovered, RealAir have stopped trading. Unfortunately the Legacy V2 was never released outside of RealAir, however you should be able to get V1 as it was released by Flight1 as a boxed version.http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=F1E-RAL-001 but if you run P3D you would need something like the Estonia migration tool to port it across.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Joe

Hi Joe

Thanks for the response.

As you may recall, (:old-git:) you gave the RealAir Legacy a 10/10 and realism played a huge part. I am looking for a complex GA single prop that is highly realistic (i.e. accurate flight characteristics, complete with any weird dynamics that may be present in the real aircraft), and that is served by impeccable documentation. I used to fly a real C172 about 20 years ago in Cape Town and I've recently purchased FSX:SE to get back into the more technical aspects of nav and flying by the numbers. One can only fart around for so long in clear skies doing sight-seeing, until you need to study some IAPs and get into the soup.

There seem to be quite a few C172 add-ons that are quite accurate but I would like something a bit faster that can handle longer cross country nav's (VFR and IFR) and are perhaps slightly less forgiving that the 172. The Legacy seemed like the perfect option, especially with its tendency to maintain its speed if you didn't do things right through the whole approach. So, it's not so much about eye-candy, of which there is plenty, but about getting 'real'.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks again for a great website! Your ethos of trustworthiness and fairness is valuable.

• Like 1

I would recommend the A2A Simulations Cherokee https://a2asimulations.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=9&products_id=68&zenid=8bd2c912bd28fc58311e1bb5385c7b5f  our review http://www.mutleyshangar.com/reviews/joe/pa28/pa28.htm

They also do the C172 and C182, if you do choose one make sure you buy the Accusim version which give the most accurate flight dynamics. 

Hi Cammy and welcome to the forums here at Mutley's Hangar.:hat:

All A2A GA singles are great study aircraft, I like the C182 for it's higher speed and high wing design for sightseeing. The Cherokee is just an all around fine cruiser for mid-range flights, has one of the best looking cockpits I have ever seen and it flies like a dream. The Comanche has the retractable undercarriage and is the fastest of the bunch along with the longest reach.

Their aircrafts are all sold as the first release version and their "all aircraft in one" update needs to be installed as soon as you buy a product, the update and any tech help can be found on their friendly forum.     

Hi Cammy,, welcome to the forum.  I have both the C182 and the Cherokee from A2A, and I think they would suit your purpose admirably. As stated above, get the Accusim version.

I see you are from my old country, left over 40 years ago.:thum:

Hi All

Thanks for all your comments. I've downloaded both the Cherokee and Comanche pilot's manuals, devoured them over the week, and they definitely seem like what I want. I must admit that the Comanche seems like a better option because of its higher speed (Thanks for the pointer, Captain Coffee). Brett, I'll have a look for the "all aircraft in one" link as soon as I've downloaded.

CAT3508, why, in heaven's name, would you would to leave SA?? Especially Cape Town with the mountain and the sea, and four seasons in one day, and Jacob Zuma...

But to not get off-topic, let me go buy me some 'plane.

Yer welcome re: the tip...I figured if you were originally looking for a speedy Lancair Legacy, the faster Comanche might be a better fit.

You wouldn't be disappointed with the realism of any of them however...great stuff.

• 5 years later...