tools to Farnborough

So we now have P3D running I think quite nicely, started a new company in AH2, past my TR and got the first job, just a quick run across to Farnborough with some tools...been having an internet issue (changing provider in a couple of weeks) so had to manually set some weather as I couldn't download real weather....really enjoyed this short one it felt good to be flying instead of installing, and there's a lesson to us all try to fly more and not tweak so much......uneventful trip but on both TR and this the ILS seemed to be taking me slightly to the right of the runway, hand flew in though so all was good, not sure if thats an ORBX thing or Navdata, any suggestions?

flying quite low with these clouds..

FARNBORO1.jpg

FARNBORO2.jpg

FARNBORO3.jpg

FARNBORO4.jpg

seems to be clearing here...

FARNBORO5.jpg

correcting the ILS error...

FARNBORO6.jpg

a nice bit of fun was had....it's good to be back.....

• Like 3

Very nice shots in there. Wishing to keep on flying is keeping me from doing a long overdue upgrade...I suspect a card or component may come down in price, or up in quality, by the time I finally bust down and do it. Graphic cards are already looking more affordable in the 1070 range. Hoping my patience/reticence pays off that way. :) Flying everyday in the meantime sure has it's value for sure. :D

• Like 2

Looking very nice Wayne.

Regarding the ILS, I expect the magnetic variation for the airport has changed has changed since FSX/P3D was first built. The P3D version is 065/245 with 3° W variation and the latest RW figures are 064/0244 with 0°W variation. If Navigraph is based on current real world data then that may be the reason. John Allard's terminal charts are based on the simulator data and can be incorporated into Plan-G.

• Like 2
6 hours ago, mutley said:

If Navigraph is based on current real world data then that may be the reason. John Allard's terminal charts are based on the simulator data and can be incorporated into Plan-G.

FSX magvar at EGLF is 3 degrees W - current published magvar is 0 degrees, which is probably what is in Navigraph data.

FSX approach courses for the ILSs are 065/245.  Both Plan-G and Little NavMap show the ILS feathers in very good alignment with the extended runway centerline. 

The published runway headings for EGLF are 064/244 - those are magnetic.  ADE shows the FSX runway headings as 062/242, probably magnetic.

Once again, real world charts bite us in the arse when used with the circa 2006 world in FS.

John
  • Like 2

@mutley @allardjd ok so thanks for your replays, just checked and all is pointing to exactley the same reading, GPS, HDG BUG and across the top of the screen.. I also have only just put P3D back onto my system so it didn't actuaslly go through any Navdata update. I have never really understood the need to update unless the sim is the same as the real world, was advised to update for XP11 something to do with the Airbus but don't understand why, nothing changes in sim unlike real world however as XP11 was new I thought I had better..... So still none the wiser why this has happened but I will keep an eye on it....

@dodgy-alan yep Hampshire one, EGLF....any reason ?

@OzWookiee ORBX- GLOBAL BASE - VECTOR - OPENLC EU - ENGLAND, ASN, REX 4 TD & SOFT CLOUDS, A2A AIRCRAFT.....

• Like 1

Hmm might have to bite the bullet and get some more orbx whilst they're on sale for P3D. It just hurts I have to pay for that stuff when we have Ortho4XP and XP11...

I did manage to grab REX for FSX: SE, can I use that with P3D?

18 hours ago, wain said:

@dodgy-alan yep Hampshire one, EGLF....any reason ?

It just looks better there than it does in real life! Farnborough airport is a busy place with lots of industrial parks in the area, I prefer the look of your version! :D

• Like 1

nice one, toying with REX HD Airports but it has mixed reviews, nearly bought Scotland from ORBX but I don't think they take paypal anymore....

• Like 1
13 hours ago, wain said:

nice one, toying with REX HD Airports but it has mixed reviews, nearly bought Scotland from ORBX but I don't think they take paypal anymore....

50% off REX software at the moment.. Just sayin....

• Like 1
13 hours ago, OzWookiee said:

50% off REX software at the moment.. Just sayin....

yeah saw that after posting so it's now on my system.....were they reading my mind? wouldn't take long....

• Like 1

Ahhhh I'm so torn with P3D. Having started with X-Plane and its amazing freeware community (hello xchecklist, Ortho4XP etc) to now find that if I want to do anything outside of the box for P3D I have to reach into my wallet... And they've just announced v4...