Hi all, looking for some feedback on this one, I have read some reviews and watched some videos but still unsure, have you got it? worth the money? Let me know please, I would be using it for P3D.....

Thanks

Wayne

I haven't purchased yet because I have the B377 and haven't gotten a grip on that one yet and would rather fly their warbirds and GA aircraft anyway. From what I have seen so far it is not only a beautiful aircraft but is full of lot's of new stuff to learn about how the aircraft worked at that time in aviation. I'm sure I don't have to tout A2A's advanced approach to sim aircraft and how the systems work as they would in the real thing. So if you want an aircraft that will keep you busy all during the flight, teach you things you didn't know before, give you an idea of what those pilots dealt with at that time in aviation and fly a bird that was ahead of it's time then I would say yes.:)

Is it worth the money? Unlike our reviewers I have the freedom to compare what is out there on the market today to what you get in the product and I would say yes to this too. I know you like airliners and you would be getting a 98% full featured sim study that would be actually cheaper than other full featured aircraft.

The real question for you would be do you prefer todays computer run birds or something older with giant wings that flies like you are on water and an antiquated autopilot :cool::D

Here is my favorite tutorial flight that gets things close to perfect https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ln5Z6AtAsY   

If you buy it don't forget to update it right away.http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=134&t=57819

• Like 1

@mutley @brett Joe that was indeed very useful, I really didn't think of that.....I watched a vid that Rob Ainscough had posted, the sopunds were amazing....Brett I really like flying the Bus with all it's tech and I am still amazed at how I just end up where I should be, however a lot of the flight is spent monitoring, now in XP I have been using PMDG's DC6, that is a really nice in depth AC and I have enjoyed that to....This one I think with the added Accusim and COS could be just as good to.....I really like to change it up a bit and have a good variety now between my 2 main sims....

Thanks both for your help, I think this will be a treat I probably get myself at the weekend, it's a Bank Holiday and instead of towing my caravan I will be holding a paintbrush so I think by the end of the weekend I will have earned this one...

• Like 3
  • 7 months later...

sorry to bump this, I did eventually buy this, I am though struggling with it, I printed off some stuff that Brett made available elsewhere and that was very useful....I seem to be a bit confused with all the menus and getting the other members of the crew to do their thing, watched a few vids and read through the manuals but I must just be having a brain blockage with this.......are there any settings or tasks I do which gets the ball rolling? I really want to fly this, a lot.....

Thanks....

You have to "trigger" some actions.

If you want the flight engineer to perform tasks (I strongly suggest this way to get the right feeling with the aircraft), you have to open the shift+3 window and activate the FE. He will prepare the aircraft for engine start.

To get your passengers and cargo you have to open the payload window, choose fuel and pax and then start boarding.

The FE will take care of the systems during the whole flight. You will only fly the aircraft and monitor the gauges.

Then you arrive at the gate, set mixture off and the FE will shut all the systems. Of course you will unboard your passengers and cargo, with Betty taking care of everything in the cabin.

Don't forget to activate the Career mode.

Edited by rosariomanzo
typos
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 7 months later...

boy am I struggling with this, I just can't get a flight with this.......follow procedures and have FE help but the engines continually cut out, I have more or less given up on this unless anyone has any tips or a quality you tube video link please......