I had to uninstall my P-40  Warhawk. Now I'm all set to reinstall but the path I've been following isn't producing the aircraft in the 'stable'. 

I've been using......

team/steamapps/Common/FSX/SimObjects/Airplanes. 

Despite trying alliterative paths I haven't succeeded yer. .I appear to be exploring too far. Would some kind soul guide me to a successful conclusion?

Just what route should I be following?

Thanks again.

Not having the steam version, not sure if it is the same, but when I install pretty much Most Addons, they want to point to the FSX main folder, not all the way to the aircraft folder. Most addons start at FSX because they also have to add stuff to sub folders like gauges, scenery, efffects,etc.

One way to check the installation before installing it, is:

Create a New Folder on your desktop and install the addon to the new folder. It will create all the sub folders and such within New Folder as if it is a tiny Quarantine Environment/Safe-Room, and you can see from there where the "Start Point" of the file structure should be. Once you have that figured out, Uninstall it from New Folder using control panel so that you won't have a double installation in your machine's records. ...or:

Or: while you are there, it is possible for some addons...NOT for A2A nor Complex Addons in general...you can Copy/Paste all the stuff from New Folder to your FSX directories following the file structure laid out for you in New Folder, and then using control panel Uninstall the addon from New Folder, which clears the Program out of the ControlPanel/AddPrograms menu...but you will still have it in the simulator. I do that for "freewares" that have installers, it makes it easy to Grab and Delete them from the hangar in future if I am trying to recover disk space.

Cheers.

Matt.

• Like 1

Hi James, I don't usually recommend going to another forum since ours is the best,:thum: and you can of course still post here but A2A's forum works as their support area and where they answer all tech questions. A quick search before posting can most times answer your questions,:) that is after you try here first. ;)

Wilco, brett. So I've reinstalled and all four variants of the A2A P-40 are available in the SE: FSX stable.However when I try to run up the engine - via Ctrl-e - the following occurs. 

The 40C ran perfectly allowing me to take off, fly a circuit over Bala and land.

However for the remainder each of their engines started up, ran for around five seconds and shut down. That was yesterday's result. 

Today, after another complete uninstall/reinstall the result was identical EXCEPT that today's only reliable one was the 40B.

Those outcomes smacked of needing some technical support, hence my trying via A2A themselves. If there's a Good Samaritan here who has the solution I shall be most grateful as no one at A2A has hit the jackpot as yet. 

Although Ctrl+E is good for most FSX aircraft the A2A birds are a bit more advanced and that key combination is mostly used to check that the plane will indeed start. When combined with the Accu-sim addon pkg(do you have that?) they are designed to follow the normal start procedures laid out in the manual. I don't have that particular model but you should check the maintenance hangar to make sure everything is ok, then once started you need to insure you check the mixture is in the proper position along with the throttle at the correct RPM for warm up. If the aircraft is warm do not add primer. Check that the proper tank is on and you have fuel along with the half a dozen other settings. 

Also check that simmconnect is installed and working properly. They do have a troubleshooting post here although I think it was written before FSXSE was released. I do remember reading a post about your particular problem, although it wasn't for this aircraft, but can't find it myself either. Such is the problem with most search engines for detailed problems. All else fails wait for more comments here or contact their forum for support(it's best to post in the individual aircraft tech support section), the more information you give then the better. It is usually something simple that gets us out yet those are sometimes the hardest to find.:D 

Forgot to add that you do not use the default FSX Fuel/Payload manager, A2A aircraft have their own fuel managers on one of the shift+# popups.

I did find the post I was thinking about, it was for the P-51 and it was a fuel problem.

OK...I do have the Accusim addon.for the P-40.

I did post on the A2A P-40 Technical support page. 

I did check each aircraft through the maintenance hangar before attempting start up. All were perfect.

Simconnect is a new one for me. I'll check on that.

This morning's results were....P-40 AVG ran up briefly to 300 on the tachometer and then died after a few seconds.

P-40B ran perfectly.

P-40C as the AVG version. 

11B - Tomahawk idled at 525 then died.

At least one runs perfectly.  

Therein my bulletin for this morning. Always good to hear from you, brett.

• Like 1

Got there. The Sh-4 popup showed that the fuel tank selected for startup, which was the Reserve tank, was empty.

Topped it up and every single variant is now running beautifully. What a wally!

You were right in mentioning the P-51 and its fuel problem. 

A clever lad indeed. Now I'm off for a beer. Wish I could stand you one as well!

• Like 1

Glad you got it up and running James.:thum:

Like myself you are not the only one that has been caught out by their aircraft on the little things, we need to throw out a lot of things we have been used to with default and other payware planes and truly understand how a real aircraft works. Flooding engines, hard starts in cold weather, density altitude, hypoxia, stalls, fogging, AOA buffeting, real featured autopilots and lots of other things. The earlier military planes were where they were cutting their teeth and the later GA birds and COTS airliners just kept getting better and better. And what can I say about their sounds except wow, if your not wearing headphones may I suggest you do to get the most out of the product. I always read their manuals all the way through along with watching their feature videos to get the most bang for the buck. If I sound like an advocate for their products you would be right, do I still fly some of my favorite Carenado, Aerosoft and other planes, yes of course when I just want a relaxing flight but I still end up going back to their Spitfire, P-47, P-51(hardest bird to fly by far), T-6, C182 and the Piper line because they draw me like a fly to sugar.:D Enjoy the P-40 and don't forget your leather helmet.;):)

• Like 1

That was a mouthful, brett. I always use my headphoned and I will in future read manuals more carefully. I admit to having skimmed over them in the past but no more! I have a Carenado which I think is just elegant both inside and out. Haven't tried the P-51 .... perhaps for Christmas. 

I am keen to try this Oculus Rift and Touch andmight we'll give it a run when s wireless version launches, but from what I've read to date it lacks precision when adjusting controls on the bigger airlines. I was given a brief run at it via a friend and was duly impressed and my birthday comes up I later this year.........

again thanks your your patient replies. It's a great relief to have solved this recent P-40 problem and I can lay me down to sleep tonight without my brain nagging away.

look after yourself as well, Brett. ?

• Like 1