XPLANE 11 EURO TOUR 2017

LEG 1:

Not much of an adventure but I have embarked on a tour of all my European addon or fully functional 3d airports in XP. Anyone that uses XP will know that it ships with thousands of Airports but not many with buildings, but the community for XP is way different to any sim I have ever used. So some airports I visit will be freeware, some payware. I may use a variety of aircraft but not totally sure yet....I am also as far as I can use this as an exercise of improving my nav skills using VOR etc as opposed to diect gps tracking and hopefiuuly as we go along flightplanning will improve to.....

Sadly my first trip was not a very good one for sightseeing, low cloud and Plan-G put me at 9500ft so mostly clouds I am afraid, these are Skymaxx Pro 4.5, however after a PM or 2 with Phil I have gone back to Xenviro which I think I will be sticking with for the rest of the tour....weather and especially ATC are my 2 bug bears with XP, a guy on XP forum raves about PILOT2ATC but I have looked at it, just not sure as I don't really want one where I have to speak......anyhow on with a few pics, I plans for the others to be more below the clouds r at least wait for better conditions to fly in....

crusing above the weather, EGPF though 3D is not a very good airport so you haven't missed much...

EGPFEGGP1.jpg

you can see what I was up against with the size of that cloud...

EGPFEGGP2.jpg

sun statring to set

EGPFEGGP3.jpg

heading down from Wallesey VOR toward Liverpool.......

EGPFEGGP4.jpg

love XP at this time of day, turning left soon to go into EGGP..

EGPFEGGP5.jpg

EGGP just to the right of picture....

EGPFEGGP6.jpg

all safely down and parked for the night...

EGPFEGGP7.jpg

I promise better pictures of the flight on leg 2.......

• Like 1

I promise better pictures of the flight on leg 2.......

Then I will be looking forward to them Wayne, great start and nice pics.:thum: The cities look wonderful at dusk.:yesa:

(If only you could get rid of those screen icons to clean up the shots, not sure what X-Plane was thinking on that one:huh:)

• Like 2
15 hours ago, brett said:

Then I will be looking forward to them Wayne, great start and nice pics.:thum: The cities look wonderful at dusk.:yesa:

(If only you could get rid of those screen icons to clean up the shots, not sure what X-Plane was thinking on that one:huh:)

Nah @wain just wants to know how fast his frames are =) it's not on by default. 

I'll echo everyone else mate, nice shots. I am looking at SkyMaxx  and xEnviro  and am curious what has made you swap to xE as those clouds look gorgeous! 

• Like 1

cheers guys, the numbers at the top are BARO ref and various weather stuff, on the right is to do with traffic generator Xlife, removed both of them now, I use fraps for FPS...the 2 on the right are to do with Carenado, I don't really use them but don't know how to remove them.....

see my other post ref Xenviro / SMP....

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

LEG 2:

So early start on Sunday, flight start at about 053hrs, just a short hop from Liverpool John Lennon to Bristol, route to takes us over some nice Welsh hills, followed by a left turn across the Severn into Bristol. Same aircraft as the last legand this time the weather was a little better.......

ready for startup...

EGGP-EGGD1.jpg

runway ready to go, TNT looking busy...

EGGP-EGGD2.jpg

staying under the cloud and tracking the SWB VOR

EGGP-EGGD3.jpg

just starting on the Welsh hills.....thankfully the clouds not to low....

EGGP-EGGD4.jpg

lovely piece of Wales below, rolling hills, lovely shadows from the clouds...

EGGP-EGGD5.jpg

I think here I was closing in on BCN VOR, my 2nd waypoint...

EGGP-EGGD6.jpg

EGGP-EGGD7.jpg

crossing the Severn....

EGGP-EGGD8.jpg

parked up and unloading...

EGGP-EGGD9.jpg

our destination, authors of this addon are Pilot Plus, I like all there's and have all except Block Island......

EGGP-EGGD10.jpg

our next leg will be back north to EGCC, but I need to plan a route to try and check out my VFR Photo Scennery that I added this weekend...

Thanks....

Great leg full of gorgeous rolling hills, nicely done Wayne.:thum: 

Is it always so hazy in XPlane or does it accurately follow METAR viewing distance, if so it does it rather nicely.

• Like 1

thanks Brett, yeah it is usually hazy in XP11, it's like marmite, you love it or hate it, I have grown to like it as I see a haze in our city but I guess this isn't everywhere in reality....

• Like 1

LEG 3:

So leg 3 was a roundabout route of 172nm, we flew from EGGD in our newly purchased Comanche from VFLYTEAIR, like it so much I just bought their Cherokee in the XP sale.....anyways we head initially toward Fairford, this shows the issue with XP as all runway / taxiways are there but no buildings but there probably is a freeware version out there....we will then head north to the HON VOR, from there we keep heading up the page to TNT (TRENT) VOR, just north of Stoke on Trent we take a left and follow a cours to WHI(WHITEGATE) NDB, looking at the map we will do a right turn to capture the ILS in to EGCC....

I haven't worked out how to export the map from PLAN-G so if someone knows please fill me in.......

Flight was mostly at about 5000ft and was from 1915hours to 2022hrs.....smooth landing for a change.........

loading up...

LEG31.jpg

heading across south Bristol...

LEG32.jpg

a very empty Fairford...

LEG33.jpg

LEG34.jpg

LEG35.jpg

nearing TNT...

LEG36.jpg

left turn at TNT....

LEG37.jpg

05R just about to take control from AP after ILS was done good.....

LEG38.jpg

a busy EGCC by Aerosoft, just see ine AC landing, another coming in and various taxiing...

LEG310.jpg

thanks for looking......

• Like 1

Great shots Wayne,:thum: the new purchase is looking stylish flying about.:cool:

That was pretty scary riding the AP in over the threshold, I never trusted them that close in to the runway.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, rosariomanzo said:

That twin Comanche is awesome.

yeah I really enjoy flying that, just tried out their Cherokee to, that feels and looks really good as well....makes a change from the tube flying, all very basic tracking VOR's etc.....