Hi,

So I thought it would be a good idea to post settings in here that may help others in setting up P3D v4 - Obviously everybody's hardward and setups differ so please only use this as a guide, your experience may differ to mine. Feel free to post your setups here too and also add your machine specs too - as this will make it easier for people to compare specs and settings together.

Well here are mine (so far) - If I update I will update this post...

Machine Specs:

CPU - Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz

GPU - Nvidia GTX1070 8GB

HD's - 2 SSD's - one for scenery and one with 2 partitions - one for windows and one for P3D install

RAM - 16GB

Settings:

First of all I use a tool called 'HotKey Resolution Changer' found here - https://funk.eu/hrc/

This will set a hotkey to switch between 60Hz and 30Hz monitor refresh rate - I use this as I use v-sync and that will try to keep the fps at whatever the refresh rate of the monitor is. So for instance, if I run unlimited fps and v-sync on, with a refresh rate of 30Hz - I will get 30fps in the sim.

The combination of 30Hz, v-sync on, unlimited frames works really well in terms of smoothness.

17a8c3.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

The reason for the last screenshot is to show I use DirectInput rather than Raw Input - this has given me a smoother control with rudder and yoke.

Edited by UKJim
  • Like 1
55 minutes ago, mutley said:

Thanks Jim, that looks pretty much like mine, have you been peeking? :D

LOL I just max mine out and then back off the ones I wish to give on a little. I am still messing with mine a bit but I am sure I will end up coming back to this.

be interesting oncesome NEW not upgraded aircraft are out, see if there is much of a difference between the versions, I imagine it's nice not to worry about OOM anymore, remember having that with Aerosofts A320 just after landing once.....any chance of any shots from you lot?...I may get this version around sept...

14 hours ago, wain said:

be interesting oncesome NEW not upgraded aircraft are out, see if there is much of a difference between the versions, I imagine it's nice not to worry about OOM anymore, remember having that with Aerosofts A320 just after landing once.....any chance of any shots from you lot?...I may get this version around sept...

I will be streaming hopefully Monday evening at around 7pm - could join me there if you want to see. Also the latest video on my youtube channel is P3D v4 but that was when I hadn't fully set up my settings. 

Personally I've just came from FSX so the performance increase is extremely noticeable, I get a lpt more with the same fps in comparison to FSX.

Obviously I cannot comment on the difference between v3 and v4. From what I've heard it's smoother and no OOM issues.

The only downside at the moment is I'm waiting for all my scenery and planes to be updated. I am missing it all so bad! 

• Like 2