Spotted an MD-82!

That might not sound like such a big deal, but it's the first time I've seen one. I guess they're more common in the US than Europe. Spotted it at Rome Fiumicino while taxiing out on an Aer Lingus A320, surrounded by misc other BA, Alitalia, EasyJet, etc A32x's and (mostly) Ryanair 737's. And there it was...a long...slim distinctive shape in Meridiana livery. I'm no plane spotter but I guess it came close to the excitement they feel when they spot a favourite. Meridiana is planning to phase them out in October this year, so they won't be "spottable" for much longer.

I've been a fan of the MD-80s partly because of the their quirky, old-school cockpits, and I have the Leonardo Maddog in my Virtual Hangar. One day I may actually learn to fly it... :rolleyes:

28895199241_0cbc65b6f7.jpg

Edited by Holdit
  • Like 1

Got to admit I like them too. My first airline flight was in an SAS DC9, the grandparent of the MD82. I have the JF F-lite and it's the only F-lite I fly these days, the old school pit is great and the sounds are good too. If you're tired of Boeings & Buses try a Mad dog.

• Like 1

Nice catch Paul, always nice to see one in the wild.:D 

I enjoyed the video and seeing all the different things the MD-80 have(or had). I guess pilots like car owners will miss their mechanical friend once they have to move on, whatever aircraft he moves into I'm sure he will fall in love all over again.^_^

• Thanks 1
  • 1 month later...