Announcing Section 1 of ATWC 7even

Welcome to the first section of ATWC 7even!

Below you will find the first thirteen legs of our relay around the world. 

Out of the thirteen flights, twelve are open for bidding during the first bidding window. Leg one is traditionally flown by Mutley from the Hangar base at Southampton UK EGHI.

Please note, new to this challenge is the introduction of sub-legs, so for example flight leg 7 is from VIAG to  VQPR is via VNLK (good luck whoever gets that one!). Also note, one of the flights has a MTOW applied so if you are bidding for that one, then please include the type of aircraft you intend to fly so we can make sure your bid meets the restriction criteria for the flight.

The bidding window for section 1 will open at 14:00 UTC on Saturday the 22nd July.

Bids must be sent to atwc@mutleyshangar.com, and only e-mails that arrive after the bidding window has opened will be taken into consideration when assigning flights. The bidding window usually remains open until all flights are assigned to a pilot, but as we have so few registered pilots, we may press on regardless.

Your bid should consist of a list of the flights you are interested in flying, with your most preferred flight at the top. 

Our tag line is "Come and fly the seven wonders of the world with ATWC 7even!" so the route includes many wonders of the ancient, modern, industrial and natural world.

Beginning our adventure, we initially head north to Old Sarum and a Wonder from the so-called Middle Ages list, Stonehenge, and then on to Dundee, and a Wonder from the Industrial list, Bell Rock Lighthouse. From here our journey turns east as we head to Tallinn and a fantastic location to see the Aurora Borealis, one of the gorgeous Wonders of the Natural World. We continue our venture south, down from the top of Asia, to Agra, India, and the Taj Mahal, now considered one of the New Wonders before turning east to Mt Everest, the second of our Natural Wonders. Moving on into China, we deviate for a tourist visit to the Terracotta Army, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, at Xianyang, before continuing on to The Great Wall of China at Beijing and the site of the Porcelain Tower of Nanjing, both from the Wonders of the Middle Ages list. After another tourist deviation, this time to the UNESCO World Heritage Site, Ankor Wat, in Cambodia, we conclude Sector 1 in Singapore.

sector1.jpg

Cheers,

Joe

• Like 2

Excited isn't the word for it. Really looking forward to getting back in the cockpit, usually a little drunk a d knowing the flight is not going to be 'routine'. 

• Like 2

Apologies, my ftp server is still down so I cannot update the departure board graphic.

Here is the latest state of play.

Flight - Pilot

1 - Joe

2 - Matt

3 - Mike

4 - Tim

5 - J G

6 - Brian

7 - BeeJay

8 - Jess B

9 - Ros

10 - 

11 - 

12 -

13 -

So just the 4 left, the first flight should be completed by me by August 1st, if we are still waiting for pilots by the time we get to leg 6, then perhaps we can look at awarding those to existing pilots, I will ask for volunteers at that time.

ATB

Joe

PS. Got a meeting with the bank manager to get the virtual credit card reinstated, he cut the last one up! :D :pilotic:

• Like 1

Thanks BeeJay.

Looking at the bids received so far, we do have legs 10 - 13 covered by existing bids which are not the first choice, so once we get just over half way I'll see what's not taken and we'll take it from there.

Cheers,

Joe

• Like 1
10 hours ago, mutley said:

PS. Got a meeting with the bank manager to get the virtual credit card reinstated, he cut the last one up! :D :pilotic:

AKA the Mutley Fuel Card...accepted by Duty Free shops, Airport Bars, and the occasional Bail Bondsman worldwide. (And Fuel Pumps)

Edited by Captain Coffee
  • Like 3
2 hours ago, Captain Coffee said:

AKA the Mutley Fuel Card...accepted by Duty Free shops, Airport Bars, and the occasional Bail Bondsman worldwide. (And Fuel Pumps)

It's not welcome at the bar for me! Apparently I have a 'limit' on my card of one drink and my argument that a litre of Bacardi was 'one drink'wasn't accepted. 

• Like 5
On 28/07/2017 at 13:03, mutley said:

Thanks to Steph for taking leg 11, great to see you back!

Thanks Joe

Been a while, but i'm looking forward to immersing myself in ATWC again.  In fact, i think i might take leg 12 as well...   just to eeeeease myself back into it :blink2:

• Like 2

Hey Steph,

Legs 12 and 13 are still up for first flights for late arrivals, when we get to half way on this sector, if the flights are still untaken then I will ask for a pilot. SO keep 'em peeled and stay tuned in to the CCC. 

BTW I am flying the first flight as I write this, the weather isn't great (as Steph will know).

Presently I am following the M6 just west of Wolverhampton passing RAF Cosford on the port side heading for Edinburgh, still quite a way to go.

Live picture, medium quality, (original is 4.5 Mb) click for full size!

m6.jpg

• Like 3
15 minutes ago, mutley said:

Hey Steph,

Legs 12 and 13 are still up for first flights for late arrivals, when we get to half way on this sector, if the flights are still untaken then I will ask for a pilot. SO keep 'em peeled and stay tuned in to the CCC. 

Groovy

Thanks Joe :)

10 minutes ago, mutley said:

BTW I am flying the first flight as I write this, the weather isn't great (as Steph will know).

And I'm learning all about creating scenery for P3D for my leg as I write this!

• Like 2