first trip 737 to EGCC

So here goes with my first trip in my new 737 in P3Dv4, spent a whole week writing a condensed tutorial as 77 pages plus a supplement is just to much to keep going through....all went except I put the wrong waypoint in, set up to fly route and then once in the air noticed my first waypoint was over 4000nm away, oops, but at least I now know how to delete a waypoint and fly direct to the next, also some airways weren't recognised but this is because I can't update v4 I guess....Flight was my usual test route from Bristol to Manchester, real time and real weather using AS16, default textures though as REXTD HD are not updated yet even though JF web says P3Dv4????....was a nice trip, was to high at GS capture so had to go around, flew in by hand and surprised my self, I was of line slightly but smooth.....I can't work out out to set a switch/button for reverse thrust in v4, anyone know please le me know, thanks....

Anyway below are a few shops with a free livery downloaded from their website.....I am really surprised how much I enjoyed the flight.....I think I like the 737 as much as the 320 now....and it works well with GSX but I can only open 1 door....

ifly1.jpg

ifly2.jpg

ifly3.jpg

ifly4.jpg

ifly5.jpg

ifly6.jpg

ifly7.jpg

ifly8.jpg

sorry for the line at the top but I was flicking through some pfd stuff during this flight, I know some of you don't like that but currently can't use my other small monitor....

reread through Jims post re-v4 settings and have adjusteda few things as I appear to have some spare resources....

Wayne

cheers guys, yeah I have wrote a few what I call tutorials to help me along the way on the complecated stuff, but instead of 60 pages I normally get it on to 6.....

trying not to get new stuff now, I think I more or less have all the stuff I like on both of my sims, I am though waiting for the Aerosoft 320 upgrade for p3d4....

yes Matt you are right it does look like that.....

17 minutes ago, UKJim said:

Pmdg 737 is one of my favourite planes in the airliner category. 

No kidding? Only yesterday I watched your three and a half hour LOWI to EGCC flight and really enjoyed it. I am so eager to get proficient with this plane. I have it for FSX and when I am flight capable I will treat myself to the P3Dv4 version.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Bumblebee said:

No kidding? Only yesterday I watched your three and a half hour LOWI to EGCC flight and really enjoyed it. I am so eager to get proficient with this plane. I have it for FSX and when I am flight capable I will treat myself to the P3Dv4 version.

I think I did that some time ago now - it's a great plane but the only thing that niggles me is the vnav is not fantastic. 

If you want to get even more familiar with this plane check out another twitch streamer called 'Pilot_H' and he is a Ryanair 737 pilot that likes to stream in the PMDG 737 too. He has a youtube channel too with lots of in depth videos too. I once watched a 3 hour video just talking about the air conditioning lol.

I did a similar flight recently in the A2A Connie from EGFF to LOWI. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, UKJim said:

I once watched a 3 hour video just talking about the air conditioning lol.

That sounds about right :) You ought to plough through the Angle of Attack video collection about this plane...oh boy!

I have seen Pilot H flights, very helpful.

Edited by Bumblebee
  • Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...