Sept 2017 - Hotel California

"On a dark desert highway, cool wind in my hair 
Warm smell of colitas, rising up through the air 
Up ahead in the distance, I saw a shimmering light 
My head grew heavy and my sight grew dim
I had to stop for the night..."

Ok, so for this month we would like to see any screenshot taken over California, beach, desert or mountains, the choice is yours!

Usual rules apply, competition closes 30th September 2017, good luck! 

On a dark desert highway, cool wind in my hair
I had to stop for the night.

desert-moth.jpg

Edited by dodgy-alan
On 9/2/2017 at 04:48, mutley said:

"On a dark desert highway, cool wind in my hair 
I had to stop for the night..."

Hahah...made me LOL: I at first doubted anyone would like the warm smell of Colitas/colitis...because my Lyrictosis had always believed the correct lyric was Boletus refering to the edible Boletus Edulis Mushrooms native to N.America growing in the cool desert night air.

So after an internet search I found that the actual word is in fact Colitas and it is supposed to be mexican slang for Little Buds/Marijuana...why folks are smoking pot along a highway at night in the desert is a mystery to me, because it doesn't grow well there...I think the Eagles must have been on shrooms when they wrote that.

So after that short digression...Colitas is known to cause digressions and lack of focus after all:

Over a California Beach:

win1.jpg

Edited by Captain Coffee
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Some fantastic shots this month the quality of the entries never fail to impress me!

This month's winner is Dodgy Al with this very well thought out picture depicting the verse "On a dark desert highway, cool wind in my hair"

I wonder how many Gypsy Moth's you get to see out at night in the Californian desert? :D

Well done Al :clapping:

desert-moth.jpg

• Like 1
7 hours ago, mutley said:

Some fantastic shots this month the quality of the entries never fail to impress me!

This month's winner is Dodgy Al with this very well thought out picture depicting the verse "On a dark desert highway, cool wind in my hair"

I wonder how many Gypsy Moth's you get to see out at night in the Californian desert? :D

Well done Al :clapping:

Congrats on a terrific FS Illustration of that stanza...it's a dark image but I image the pilot must be smoking a well shielded pipe to be smelling Colitas up there.

Well Won Alan!

And Joe, the answer to your question is in the image: Zero...the Moth has no running lights. ;)

• Like 1
3 hours ago, hifly said:

Well done Al. :clapping:

Mutley's is like Hotel California. You can check out any time you want, But you can never leave.

Thanks Geoff, I might add that to our tag line!

• Like 2