Turbulent Designs' - MBS International Airport

Terrific review Jess. You are such a good writer...and funny ( "If it is not in the middle of nowhere, then you can certainly see it from there. " ~J.B-P) :D

I just watched my video "Transcontinental" which admittley was shot before ORBx upgraded the US mainland globaly...but even so, it is BORING as fark out in that area of the country and as such I whole heartedly agree with downgrading the product's score for it's "Placement". I'm sure there are a couple sim pilots that live nearby that are happy as clams in silt, but I will be sticking to flying where I can see a beach or a mountain, or "Something" scenic.

I have Turbulent's Angwin Parret-2O3 and Big Bear-L35... and they are indeed stunning products with Yuge Detail all over. They are also located in the middle of pretty places near other pretty places....Nowhere is nowhere to be found nearby either of them. :)

Thanks for the great look at a product I'll never buy :(

Edited by Captain Coffee

Hi guys,

Documentation is something we're looking in to now.

We opted for the e-manual approach because this way we can make sure everyone has up-to-date information, and not have to wait for an airport update in order to have a manual update. But it seems like people aren't digging it, which we're taking on board.

In the latest Turbulent Terminal update, there's a documentation button added, but the installation process for all the airports are the same. I've played with the layout on the forum so it seems more like a manual and included coverage areas, but I'm thinking of creating a "Download Manual PDF" button next to the documentation button. You mention charts, which we can easily include, as they're free, but what other unique airport information would you like to see in the manual?

Thanks,

Russ

Hi Russ,

I think the transference of local, to centralised (online) information for our customers is still in early acceptance.  It is evident that our reviewer was expecting a user manual with the product, and took some time trying to find it.  Local information for the airfield is essential,  points of interest (if any), charts, and maybe real world info on local airlines and routes, so that simmers who would like to replicate, can, and have some information to emulate, especially when the location is remote.

Generic product information regarding sim requirements could still be maintained on-line, so long as it is relevant to all your titles. However, if you have to split central info in to product specific sections for products, then maybe the download documentation should include that info too. 

We appreciate that documentation for scenery is not so important as it is for technical aspects of a complex aircraft, but we do judge all scenery product to the same criteria, so it was a shame that such a high quality scenery was affected by this aspect.

Our more experienced viewers could overlook the documentation score, in which case they should focus on 9.4 :)

Joe

• Like 1

Thanks for the review Jess, well covered and a very fair score.:thum: 

I am on board with everyone else and would prefer the documentation to come with the download and the fact that this airport is in a very boring part of our country sim wise. I must add that it is very well done, beautifully done in fact.

16 hours ago, mutley said:

Hi Russ,

I think the transference of local, to centralised (online) information for our customers is still in early acceptance.  It is evident that our reviewer was expecting a user manual with the product, and took some time trying to find it.  Local information for the airfield is essential,  points of interest (if any), charts, and maybe real world info on local airlines and routes, so that simmers who would like to replicate, can, and have some information to emulate, especially when the location is remote.

Generic product information regarding sim requirements could still be maintained on-line, so long as it is relevant to all your titles. However, if you have to split central info in to product specific sections for products, then maybe the download documentation should include that info too. 

We appreciate that documentation for scenery is not so important as it is for technical aspects of a complex aircraft, but we do judge all scenery product to the same criteria, so it was a shame that such a high quality scenery was affected by this aspect.

Our more experienced viewers could overlook the documentation score, in which case they should focus on 9.4 :)

Joe

Thanks for the feedback! We'll be having a meeting about this in the morning and we'll see what we can do :)

As for the area around the airport, we try not to let the area stop us from doing the airports that we love. Else there would be a lot of airports out there not receiving the love and attention that they deserve in the world of simulation. We'll likely continue to do the airports that aren't at the top of the "need" list, as we like to try new areas, new features and new visuals!

Thanks again for the very well written review and feedback, all!

Thanks,

Russ

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Russell Linn said:

Thanks for the feedback! We'll be having a meeting about this in the morning and we'll see what we can do :)

As for the area around the airport, we try not to let the area stop us from doing the airports that we love. Else there would be a lot of airports out there not receiving the love and attention that they deserve in the world of simulation. We'll likely continue to do the airports that aren't at the top of the "need" list, as we like to try new areas, new features and new visuals!

Thanks again for the very well written review and feedback, all!

Thanks,

Russ

That philosophy got me my favorite local airport (2Oscar3) Anqwin Parret (such a lovely piece of work, thank you thank you thank you)...so despite me not loving this one, I am certain the whole FS community appreciates devs who seek to "fill the gaps" even if those gaps don't see as much traffic sim wise...for certain those of us who live in or near those gaps Salute you guys.

:salute:

Thanks Captain Coffee!

You'll be happy to know that I've just finished creating a documentation PDF for every product including MBS. We'll be releasing these updates shortly!

Once updated, you'll be able to access the manual via the product documentation button in the Turbulent Terminal.

Thanks,

Russ

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As a footnote to this review, Russ has got back to me to advise he has just finished creating all the documentation PDF’s for every product (including MBS), so you’ll be happy to know that they will be included in the next batch of updates!

Kudos to Turbulent Designs for having an open ear for their customer needs and prompt action!

• Like 1

We've got a rather large update coming out tomorrow with changes on all of our installers, documentation and TerraFlora too... All coming from user feedback. So hopefully you can see that we're always listening! :)

(Yes, even to people that don't know how to put it nicely)

Thanks,

Russ

• Thanks 1

Just an update on this - Although the updates for all the documentation and airport are done, we're announcing and releasing the update for TerraFlora first. We'll be releasing the updates for the airports in the next couple of days!

(We didn't want TerraFlora to distract people from the airport updates)

Thanks,

Russ

22 hours ago, Russell Linn said:

(Yes, even to people that don't know how to put it nicely)

Thanks,

Russ

Being thick-skinned is a prerequisite for being a good flight sim developer. :D

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Hey all,

Sorry to bump an old thread, but the update to include the new documentation has just been released.

Apologies for it taking longer than I imagined. We had some extra functionality to add to the installer/Terminal that I didn't foresee.

Thanks,
Russ