Query regarding P3Dv4 download

Hi Guys,

As I have completed my computer upgrade, and am now about to get P3Dv4, I see that it is recommended to use a download manager. I have never used one before, and have no idea how it works. Have all of you who have P3D, used it?. There seems to be quite a choice available, so does anyone have a recommendation on any particular manager.

Cheers,

Neil

Hi Neil,

I use IDM (Internet Download Manager) http://www.internetdownloadmanager.com

When you click a download link (depending on the link type) it will fire up IDM and download the file in many segments simultaneously and verify and rejoin them at the end. It also has a resume function so if you have a connection problem half way through the download, it will carry on from where it was so you don't have to download the whole file again.

This is ideal for huge files of this type, but as Rich said, for other smaller files a normal download usually suffices.

Joe

Hi Beejay,

Thanks very much for your offer. I live about 13 Klm from town, and have to use a wireless internet to download, I have a large dipole antenna on the roof, so my download speed is pathetic. My postal address is PO Box 35,Woomelang, 3485. I will pay postage, if you so desire. 

Thank you once again, much appreciated.

Cheers,

Neil

OK Just loaded it all onto a 16Gb stick with some of my favorite birds (which you might already have) and the files needed to upgrade them to P3Dv4. If you get stuck just holler :)

Will head down to the postie in about 20 mins and get this up to you.

1 hour ago, CAT3508 said:

Hi Beejay,

Stick arrived yesterday, thank you very much.  Installed on PC with no problems, now busy setting everything up.

Thank you once again. :thum:

Neil 

Pay it forward brother, pay it forward :)

• Like 1

I can confirm 100% that there were no pirated materials on that USB, only some freeware birds!

Like Mutley's I do not condone any of that activity either :) (Though I grant you that it did sound a bit suspicious)

• Thanks 1

Haven't used any of the extras as yet, a bit busy downloading the PMDG 737NGX, and setting it up. Having a few problems re the key assignments though. I have 5 Leo Bodnar cards, which I use solely for setting up all my switches and rotaries for the NGX. Every time I start the sim, I have to go through the laborious task of deleting all the unwanted key assignments which seem to automatically fill themselves in. It's a real pain. Is there anyway I can prevent this happening. Advice appreciated.

Cheers,

Neil