Vista & XP on the same PC

Hi!

As O/S I currently have Win Vista SP2 beta and I cannot run FS2004 since there are so many problems with the GPU drivers. So, what I thought is this:

Install Win Xp SP3 on a seperate partition in my second hard drive so that I can give XP a space of 500GB out of the 750gb of that disc. I will install there only Flight Sim stuff and have no other apps. In this way, I will use Vista for docs and games like COD5 or PES and XP for flight sim.

Will I experience more FPS in this way? What about viruses? Will there be any problem?

Thanks in advance!

Dual boot will grant you the best of both worlds, Vista and XP.

As XP tends to use up less system resources you should experience better FPS on Flight Sim when running on that partition.

Just be aware that if the computer was bought from a big manufacturer (HP ect) and was made to support Vista you may struggle to get drivers that support XP. So check this before wasting your time.

Otherwise I think that's the only problems you encounter...

Thanks for your answer!

I built my pc just I as I wanted. Here come the specs:

CPU: Inter Core 2 Extreme QX6800 @2.93GhZ

GPU: [2] ASUS 8800 Ultra SLI

RAM: Mushkin 4 GB

MOBO: ASUS Striker Extreme

Display: LG 24'

Hard Disk:

• WD Raptor 150GB
    WD 750 GB

I guess drivers ain't be an issue

Have you got a copy of Vista yet?

Why use it at all? I still use XP Pro SP3 on my gaming rig an have never considered upgrading. I'll probably skip it and get Windows 7 once it's a stable OS (with a decent SP and mature drivers) and get myself an i7 system.

EDIT: Just re-read your post. Hmm. I still think you should do away with Vista unless you really want it. Sure, XP may not look as pretty but whatever gets the job done right?