Flight Sim Show RAF Cosford 2017 Snaps

Here are a few snaps I took of the show. Many of them were taken by Steph (hlminx) as it was difficult to get away from the stand

Friday: Set up day, I had just been for a coffee in the visitor centre.

IMG_20171006_122647.jpg

My trusty van for the weekend, I just had too much stuff to fit in the back of my car!IMG_20171006_122211.jpg

Several hours later, Tim had arrived and was getting his Plan-G display ready.

IMG_20171006_152158.jpg

IMG_20171006_152251.jpg

Friday night, Joe and Tim at the bar (where else!)

IMG_20171006_184545.jpg

ATWC Baton made by John Allard, ready for a live handover later. (See Tim's ATWC post)

IMG_20171007_103514.jpg

Matt Davies and his crew, Matt is also the developer of PTA V2.

IMG_20171007_111333.jpg

Chillblast has a huge stand and a couple of visitors bought complete systems and took them away!

IMG_20171007_111940.jpg

IMG_20171007_111959.jpg

John Venema, note the curved display in the background, John said it was shipped in from NZ the day before.

IMG_20171007_112142.jpg

Jess skyving, get back to your stand!

IMG_20171007_112725.jpg

James May 1:1 Airfix Kit of the Spitfire.

IMG_20171007_113208.jpg

Joe and Edward (The Red Barron) last time I met Ed was at Weston Super Mare show in 2009, he was two foot shorter then! 

IMG_20171007_120145.jpg

Visitors having a go.

IMG_20171007_122725.jpg

Steph "Does my bum look big in this?"  :D

IMG_20171007_122729.jpg

J G and J G Jnr (left) :P

IMG_20171007_122748.jpg

Ah, the selfie man, Lewis from A2A.

IMG_20171007_135546.jpg

Dave Perry picking up his prize, we had 10 copies of FSW and Epic Approaches to give away and the winners were drawn by Aimee Sanjari from DoveTail

IMG_20171007_150527.jpg

That's it, there was so much more going on but I was in the middle of it all. I know Steph took some shots on her own camera and if anyone else has any piccys then please add to this thread.

Joe

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for sharing Joe.

Looks like a great day was had by all.

Events like this really bring the community together and with plenty of well known developers in attendance I bet some of the conversations were very interesting.

I have half a mind to look into a stand for the VA I run for the next show.  We did one many years ago (1999 I think) at the Motorcycle Museum and had a great weekend.

:thum:

• Like 1

Enjoyed the shots Joe(and Steph), it's always nice to see the good times when one can't make the show.:thanks: Was wondering how many people go to this show that are not simmers and are interested in the hobby?

Just a couple of comments, Scott from A2A should really lay into Lewis for always looking like a street bum while representing,:P and Steph looked just fine in those jeans.:thum:

9 hours ago, mutley said:

Jess skyving, get back to your stand!

OI! I was working. My boss told me to try that. It was good too! 

All in all it was a cracking weekend, and I’m just about recovered now. I was great seeing Steph again, and because I didn’t get a chance to say so on the weekend, I loved your boots. :)  

bring on next weekend. :) 

• Like 1

Thanks for sharing the pics.  It was indeed a good day out, nice to put some faces to names.  There was indeed a lot of people there, and everyone seemed in high spirits; in fact some are saying that this year's show was one of the best for a number of years; well worth going if you can make it.

• Like 1

Was a great show, although now I look back at the pics, i realise that i spent far too much time enjoying myself than taking photos :huh:

Here are a few more...

20171007_110113.md.jpg

The ProSim 737 stand was an interesting one.... although i resisted the temptation to bounce around like a maniac till i was given a free cuddly plane gonk!

20171007_110127.md.jpg

Nice set up at the Skalarki stand

20171007_151843.md.jpg

Joe, Tim, and the 'guru' from FIP Guages.

Fab guy.Check out the review here:  http://www.mutleyshangar.com/reviews/jg/bs-fip/bs-fip.htm

20171007_152047.md.jpg

Jess as photogenic as ever.  No chocolate cake this year so i brought the Lemon Drizzle to her..

Was great to meet the 'Red Baron', 'J.G.' and son, and Matt Davies who is in the throes of developing PTA V2..lovely guy

• Like 3
On 10/10/2017 at 22:05, Jess-b said:

All in all it was a cracking weekend, and I’m just about recovered now. I was great seeing Steph again, and because I didn’t get a chance to say so on the weekend, I loved your boots. :)  

Great seeing you too Jess. Yep, i love those boots.. so much so that i bought 2 pairs so i always have them in reserve when these ones have gone to footware heaven..

On 10/10/2017 at 20:27, brett said:

Just a couple of comments, Scott from A2A should really lay into Lewis for always looking like a street bum while representing,:P and Steph looked just fine in those jeans.:thum:

Ha ha .Was saying to Joe that when i was at the show 2 years earlier, i was 2 stone heavier...

Edited by hlminx
  • Haha 1

The world we live in is a truly spectacular place filled with many wonders and being self sustaining has to be the greatest of all feats along with human beings. The proof that the higher power that created it all has a mean streak are things like flies, mosquitoes, acne and weight gain.:D Congrats on beating one of them.:)

• Like 1
3 hours ago, allardjd said:

Or a sense of humor...

John

I think that's covered by just looking at my feet on the human side of things, flooding beach homeowners on the world side and this fellow Tarsier.jpg on the animal side.:D