11 minutes ago, mutley said:

Now I know why we weren't featured, the video was shot by a fellow FS news site! 

That wasn't nice to 'overlook' you like that, clearly, they aren't "The friendliest Flight Sim Site" on the webs... :)

The show definitely looks like it could be a two day event. That would be good for the show, local hotels/pubs/economy, and the vendors who put so much work into set up. I've participated in a convention, in which I being the most mechanically competent of our crew ended up setting up and tearing down most of our display.... but I only got to spend one day there of a three day show...our pretty girls did most of the PR upfront stuff. So I can understand the frustration of the 'over in a flash' for all the work feeling.

I also noted the wide range of ages present...hopefully a sign that the FS obsession is spreading down through the generations, and will continue growing.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Captain Coffee said:

I also noted the wide range of ages present...hopefully a sign that the FS obsession is spreading down through the generations, and will continue growing.

Yes, us old guys are spreading our enthusiasm and knowledge of aviation and simming  to the youngsters, but they're already in to it hence their presence at the show :D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
35 minutes ago, Kevin Firth said:

There I am at 1:20, right in the centre wearing green shorts and carrying the clingy pink young one!

Proof I was there Chris :P

Sorry I wasn't able to say hi to anyone really...the stand was a bit busy as we whirled round

That's a shame, we were looking forward to seeing you :cray:

I spotted this guy at the show, and actively avoided him. Having a camera on a long stick would have been handy though.. I struggled to get any photos without people photo bombing. 

Shame they were so 'selective' with their coverage. :whis:

• Haha 1

I think they should make it a two-day show, there's a lot of time and effort spent in making it happen, then it's over in a blink of the eye!

I absolutely agree with you, Joe. It would be nice to hit the bar with you guys for an extended chat on Saturday night!

There I am at 1:20, right in the centre wearing green shorts and carrying the clingy pink young one!

Proof I was there Chris :P

It's a shame we never met on the day, Kevin. I was disappointed that you were unable to join myself, Steve and Stewart in Shrewsbury the night before, so that was a double whammy :(

Edited by Christopher Low
1 hour ago, Christopher Low said:

I absolutely agree with you, Joe. It would be nice to hit the bar with you guys for an extended chat on Saturday night!

It's a shame we never met on the day, Kevin. I was disappointed that you were unable to join myself, Steve and Stewart in Shrewsbury the night before, so that was a double whammy :(

Agreed on both counts :)