I already have Jardesign A320 on XP11 but am getting rather attracted to FSLabs A320 for P3D, and aside from not knowing which platform I want to focus on, I would like to know if it is worth me getting the FSlabs 'bus. I'm always looking for more detail and more immersion - as we all are - and do know that you get that with the FSlabs, but is it worth shelling out the extra money to get it. I'm asking if the detail is significantly better than Jardesign to warrant a purchase.

I have the FSLabs A320, and work on the real aircraft, it is accurate to the nth degree of the real aircraft.  It is worth every penny, and is the most accurate simulation of an aircraft I've seen in 15 years of flight sim.  The level of detail they go into means that it is full of not just accurate systems, but is full of little details that unless you flew and worked on the real thing, you wouldn't notice.  

To give you an idea, you should watch a few videos from Blackbox 711 on youtube, he's a former A320 pilot and demonstrates the aircraft in an easy to follow and understand fashion.

Edited by The red barron
  • Like 2

Thanks, Barron, with all my YouTube sim-watching how I haven't ran into Blackbox 711 before, I just don't know -I now have some weekend viewing lined up. And thanks for the comments on the FSLabs 'bus, it gives me the kind of comparison to the real thing I was hoping for, and has coaxed me into a purchase this weekend. This doesn't sound like mousing over a switch and 'oh, that's not simulated.' Thanks again.

• Like 1

It really is just mousing over a switch, you click and it takes time for the action to be complete as they've modeled the signal path of the switches, take the landing lights for instance, they take time to drop down and come on, rather than just instantly be there.  I can take our real SOP's and checklist and use them in the FSLabs in the exact same way as we do in the real world, it's that accurate.

It's a very steep but rewarding learning curve!

• Like 1

I have been viewing your 'A Day Trip to Innsbruck'  and the return, very nice plane and an interesting series of posts, The A320 must really be your passion, both sim and RL, May I ask what your role with the plane in real life is?

I'm cabin crew with a large well known European wide airline.  I love the A320 family as it's a versatile series of aircraft, and the airplane itself is very clever.  The more I read and learn about the A320 the more I appreciate the aircraft and of course having access to the real thing helps.  I met with the FSLabs guys at Cosford this year and they share the exact same passion for the aircraft, which helps as they clearly let this shine through with the product.  I'm very much looking forward to their A319 which will have all the differences between it and the A320 modeled.

the flightfactor sounds promising, not sure on the FSLABS it is really good but for P3D it's very costly...any news on the Aerosoft version yet? have that but not v4 compatible.....JARS 320 is ok but it is very 'lite' in my opinion.....

@Bumblebee did you come to a decision on this? I am stuck between waiting for Aerosoft for p3d4 or FF for XP11.....I can't justify spending £119 on FSLABS, unless someone can persuade me different.........

in XP11 I have the IXEG 737, I don't want to fly anything else in that sim now since about 2 or more months ago....would the FSLABS 320 have the same effect? .....

I think I will probably be going Aerosft route as I had their Bus in p3dv3.....

Wayne

well yes, I went for the P3D4, I found Barron's posts very convincing so went for it. I had the money spare, I took it to Cosford but didn't spend much, so after much thinking decided to throw it at FSLabs. I am very pleased with it and echo Barron's words 'it's worth every penny.' I'm not familiar with IGEX planes so can't really comment, but I have ditched the JarDesign A320 and flown the FSLabs, (mostly as tuition flights,) for the last couple of weeks - mind you, as I can't decide yet whether to focus on P3D or XP11 I shall most likely get the FF as well when it comes out...The default scenery and night views just blows me away, so might use P3D for airliners and XP11 for GA...

But I would say yes, the FSLabs is worth the money, but, of course, it's a personal taste.

Maybe take a look at Blackbox 711, his tuition is very in-depth and might help you decide.

thanks for the info Lucy....I have the funds, no issue there, just been sold a few duds, mostly XP though......I really enjoy some aspects of both platforms and can't imagine removing either, for example IXEG 733 best classic on XP, iFLY 737, Maj Dash both on P3D4, and lots of Carenado stuff on both....however aside from JARS320 / 330 I don't have access to a bus anymore, FF's will be out on XP at some stage but that will probably be a purchase for me early next year.....

I have looked at Blackbox vids and like you sat they are very good, just wondering about the paperwork side of the FSLABS one, does it come with a good tutorial and set of checklists? I tend to do the tutorial a few times then write a condensed version for me to laminate and use(I know very sad)....is this a purchase direct from them ?

Wayne

This is the tutorial flight I use, lots of pictures and baby-steps, that's good for me.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-uSpZROuEd3WXZBTjZrQXdnZjg

This plane, PMDG 737 & 747, and Majestic Dash are my top planes in P3D.

I guess it might be worth pointing out what might be a couple of niggles with the FSLabs. First is that when you hook up the GPU, although you can hear it from the cockpit, if you go to an exterior view there is nothing there and the plane is sitting silent. Secondly it won't load into cold and dark, for some reason you must load the Piper Cub, shut it's engine down and then load the 'Bus - I dunno, don't ask me...Some might find those points an irritation but I am fine with it. I'm generally too busy in the cockpit to care about what's happening, (or not,) outside, and the Cub takes a few moments to sort the cold n dark.

That's just a couple of things you might care to be aware of.

The purchase is direct from FSLabs if that's what you're asking. I'm not aware of any on-board tutorials with the plane, Can't say I have even looked as I stick with learning through YouTube - and of course the link I've included.

Oh, and are you updated to 4.1 now? The plane doesn't install into v4 which gave me a slight panic as I didn't realise at the time :)

Hope some of this helps :)

Edited by Bumblebee
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

HI Lucy,

Glad to see that you're enjoying the FSLabs, that tutorial you've linked looks to be very good!  For a bit more in depth  knowledge I use this site which has PDF's of a real A320 FCOM:http://www.smartcockpit.com/plane/AIRBUS/A320.html

In regards to Cold and Dark, you can get it to load straight into it.  There is no requirement to load the cub first (and might be why you're having issues), you can launch the Airbus straight from the select aircraft screen.  To get C+D every time, from the front page of the MCDU: Panel states >  Set default state > Cold and dark.  Then every time you load the A320 it should be C+D; this is how I've set it and it works flawlessly.  This is how it should be done in P3D, not the the way that the tutorial tells you, as that is based off a previous version of the aircraft, where panel states were not included.

Edited by The red barron
  • Like 1

thanks for the feedback, I have taken the weekend to think about this and as good as it looks I am going to give this one a miss forthe time being....Have the funds but can't bring myself to pay that much for 1 aircraft.... will instead by the A2A Connie, which I have been putting off, JF Arrow (once I decide which sim) and as Aerosoft have said their P3Dv4 version of the 320 for previous owners will be mega cheap I can afford that to and have change....

I do like the FSLABS one but feel I would need to fly that and nothing else to justify that ticket, but thanks for the time you took to respond, I appreciate that...

Wayne

I'm with you there Wayne along with many others I have seen posting elsewhere, "They did a great job on this product but it is just too much money" is the common feedback. I guess it would be worth it if it was the only aircraft you wanted to fly over a long period of time.

Remember when twenty dollars for a payware aircraft seemed like a lot of money lol.:D 

22 hours ago, brett said:

Remember when twenty dollars for a payware aircraft seemed like a lot of money lol.:D 

now you are going back a while, however there are some on XP and not just junk that are still priced like that, picked up a nice MU-2B-60 the other week.....lovely thing to...quite in depth and detailed...but yeah most stuff is a lot higher now....

• 3 months later...

Guys,

For those of you who have purchased the FSLabs A320 are you aware that they also gave you a free gift hidden in the installer. A nice little programme to steal all your log on details and transmit them in the clear back to FSLabs.

Totally illegal but they did it with your best interests at heart.

You can follow the saga and put in a claim for compensation (If your lucky) by following the various threads.

https://www.fidusinfosec.com/fslabs-flight-simulation-labs-dropping-malware-to-combat-piracy/

• Like 1

Lucy - as you know you watch my stream, I use both XP11 and P3D - in terms of immersion, I like PMDG for the Boeings and do not currently own an Airbus :) 

But I noticed you mention you might use XP11 for GA flying - if this is the case, go and google 'XP11 172 REP' - it's a great pack for the default 172 that adds so much immersion. 

If you GA in P3D, go grab any A2A GA Accusim plane (Comanche) and you will not be disappointed. 

I love the lighting, graphics and performance of XP11, but the thing that lacks for me is just some generic scenery addons like FTX Global is for P3D. I do not want to use photo scenery as it takes a lot of room on the HDD, but there is no other option. That is why I still enjoy P3D as a GA platform, FTX Global, Vectors, OpenLC all + Regions and Airfields - all add up to a great experience for GA. 

If you fly the 737 in XP11 - check out the Zibo Mod + related soundpacks + RG Mod textures - I have all these on my stream, so go check out my YouTube channel to see what it is all about. This adds so much immersion to the default 737 FOR FREE!! I fly the PMDG 737 and it has a very close likeness to that. 

This is the other thing about XP11 I enjoy too, so much top quality freeware :) Go search for files made by 'MisterX' great stuff. 

Hope you found the right Airbus for you too.

Thanks Jim, such a lot to think about in that post. I think in one of your most recent streams, (might even have been just last week?) you used the Zibo mod, I noted that to check it out at some point.

The other big 'to think about' is your leanings towards P3D as a go to for GA flights. I'm enchanted by the low flight-level detail in XP11 but I think I will take a few P3D flights in GA and reconsider. I have the FTX Global Vectors, OpenLC and most of the regions, so I will do that. Maybe even do one of the VA Flight Club tours in P3D.

MisterX....

off to have a look now, thanks Jim :)