few questions, help needed

Hi all, just a few question on my P3Dv4 install, all help appreciated...

1. I can't find anywhere in settings to set thrust reversers toggle, I like to have a switch set on my Saitek TPM....

2. Timings, is there a way to automatically set the correct time for the location I am flying in? reset sets it to my PC time and date....

3. Most of my aircraft except iFly 737 start with engines running, can't see a setting for starting Cold & Dark, is this me or does this setting not exist?....

Thanks

Wayne

Hey Wayne,

I'll try and be of some help,

1, The only thing I can find is throttle (decrease quickly) set to F2 which was always for Reverse thrust, try seeing if the switch you want will do this for you,

2, Go into Settings > Application > untick "Use system time for default scenario" this should then use the local time for wherever you are.

3, This can't be done in P3D.  The only way to do this, is if your addon aircraft has built in panel states, and you save the default state within them to be cold and dark.

Edited by The red barron

thank you Red (sorry real name not displayed), will endeavour to try out your advice...I have created a save for the Dash that I load with engines etc off, just a pain loading it everytime.....will try that re thrusters, works well on XP11 I just flick a switch and they do as told, flick it back and they revert to norm.....

Wayne

Hey @wain,

Any chance you have a paid copy of FSUIPC? Key and axis assignments are really easy with that software.

That said; I use a Saitec throttle quadrant and it has a feature where going past the bottom (idle position) of the throttle range engages a switch. I have that switch assigned to keypress "F2". Gives me reverse thrust on anything that has a beta range (turboprops) or any jet. Works in FSX and P3Dv3. 

I have yet to convert to P3dv4. I notice that there is a specific FSUIPC version for use with ver 4. I'll be getting to that sometime soon.

Also, If I read @The red barron 's statement "2, Go into Settings > Application > untick "Use system time for default scenario" this should then use the local time for wherever you are."  - I think that the sense is reversed. With the box ticked, the sim uses computer (presumably local) time to set the flight time. If it is unticked, the sim uses whatever time you input. I cannot try this without removing FSUIPC as my system has that box unticked in FSX but ticked in FSUIPC. When I load a flight, the clock shows computer time. I have two clocks set in my computer - local and UTC. On those aircraft where the clock has a "mode" button, I can switch between local and UTC easily.

If I want to change my flight time, I have to go in to the menu "Current Time and Season" in the FSX default flight splash screen and make the change. One word of note - FSX does not seem to be able to resolve for Daylight Saving Time. With the box ticked in FSX "General" settings, I get Local Time, not adjusted for DST.

• Like 1

Is P3D the same as FSX in that when loading aircraft the engines are started because the default saved flight includes an aircraft that is already started and in flight? If you create a default saved flight with a default aircraft on the ground in a cold and dark state, anytime you thereafter load a default aircraft in will also be in that same C&D state. Seems silly if the improved P3D would have engines started all the time.

Brett,  this is indeed something that you can do, the same as you would in FSX; however it depends on the addon aircraft as not all of them will load correctly if you save the default state with the engines off.  Both FSLabs and PMDG for instance advise against having their aircraft as the default flight, and recommend that if you want a cold and dark state that you save this as the default panel state within the aircraft itself.  

Although on the ground, the default flight does indeed have its engines started.

yeah all my main stuff, iFly 737 etc usually either have a C & D option, can't see it on the Dash, however it starts in turnaround state which is ok by me.....default Bonanza always engines running....